Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Choices

Default Internet Choices

I currently have Spectrum, I pay about $100 bucks a month with the taxes, etc.
    This is for internet only, 5G.
    Is there anything out there that is just as good and cheaper?
    Thanks

Spectrum Internet. $25 a month. We were doing AT&T at $50 per month.

AT&T runs us about $65 a month for their fastest (SLOW) service - 35mbps with a 15gig cap; surcharges afterwards.

Unfortunately, it's our only option.

Fiber is coming; conduit is being installed everywhere. I'm interested to see what the new pricing structure will be.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wrackmaster View Post
    Spectrum Internet. $25 a month. We were doing AT&T at $50 per month.
    I need to find out why I pay Spectrum $98/month for the last few years

They all suck! Call and bitch about the quality when they annually up charge you and you might knock it down. I got rid of typical cable and have internet only through Att.

High speed Spectrum....$59.99

They tried to charge me $92 and I told them to cancel it. I told her that T-Mobile was $49. Should put me on hold and came back with their special promotion and lowered it to $59.99,....so I kept it.

T-Mobile kept buffering. The Spectrum was the best. No buffering.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-06-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Earth link is $120 plus $600 for equipment.
    Last edited by Steelin' Ducks; 12-06-2023 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I just called and told them I was shopping around and let them know I would be switching providers.
    She transferred me to their 'retention dept' and I am now at $49.99 for same everything and she upgraded me to
    the newest "Ultra Speed" for no additional $ and said new router is in the mail.
    I never had an issue with the speed or reliability
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-06-2023 at 10:18 PM.

I'm starting to look myself. Mainly for TV, but I feel I can get a better "deal" if I bundle internet and TV services. I know a lot of folks on here do YouTube, Hulu etc but I don't see a ton of cost savings after paying for internet only and adding the streaming services. DTV just went up and I've had them for 20 years. Might be time to leave them for a year and come back so I can get "new" customer pricing.

Think you live in the irmo area? Do you have mid-Carolina electric or dominion? If mid-Carolina look into Carolina connect. No contracts and fiber the whole way to router. Crazy fast and cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I'm starting to look myself. Mainly for TV, but I feel I can get a better "deal" if I bundle internet and TV services. I know a lot of folks on here do YouTube, Hulu etc but I don't see a ton of cost savings after paying for internet only and adding the streaming services. DTV just went up and I've had them for 20 years. Might be time to leave them for a year and come back so I can get "new" customer pricing.
    Change the service to one of your kids or your wife’s name. Voila, new customer. If they ask any questions, you’re renting to a family member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Carolina connect is $49/month. No complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Carolina connect for me as well. Fast and cheap.

Unfortunately your options are limited to whoever has line in the ground near you. If there one that offers fiber jump on it.

I don't think cellular whole-home internet is ready to compete with a ~600M connection provided by a cable company or another land-based provider with no data cap. If you're in an area where it's that or a DSL with the local phone company I feel for ya.

Pricing is all over the map cause it's usually promo based and the promo is only good for a year. Price goes up, most folks just keep paying because they don't have a really good alternative. You call, tell em you'd like to disconnect, they get you to retention and cut you a deal to keep ya. They're just putting you on another promo that'll expire in another year.

There is a ton of .gov money being shoveled out to get fiber-to-the-home internet pulled in to areas that the cable companies don't service and the phone company can only get ya a 12 or 20M DSL and you'll likely never see those speeds. Those rural/fringe areas are the main focus of that infrastructure money but other areas around Columbia are getting that new fiber run by the power companies.

After I left Spectrum I kept their internet for a couple years and recently switched over to the local Coop (FTC) for their fiber internet and it's been great.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-07-2023 at 07:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Might be time to leave them for a year and come back so I can get "new" customer pricing.
    Usually it's just 30 days before you considered a "new customer", at least that's what it was at Spectrum.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-07-2023 at 08:17 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Pay as they said 49/month carolina connect 5 tvs, 2 phones and 3 computers all at the same time with crazy fast 5g
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I have FTC at the lake (Summerton) and its really fast. Spectrum in summerville and it is fast until its not. Probably has something to do with all the apartments and other cluster home yankee bullshit they keep building here.

Spectrum was $50/mo when I signed up now its $90. Time to call and bitch to get the rate lowered.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Don't bitch, just tell them you want to disconnect. They don't have to know why. They'll say "I'm transferring you another team that can build that disconnect order for you." They're transferring you to retention. Their job is to cut you a deal to keep you as a customer. That's where the magic happens.

Good luck, cause they'll likely sell you something you didn't have before and you'll pay the piper in a year when that promo expires.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have Wow and like it.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Think you live in the irmo area? Do you have mid-Carolina electric or dominion? If mid-Carolina look into Carolina connect. No contracts and fiber the whole way to router. Crazy fast and cheap.

This.