Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CU vs KY Gator Bowl

Default CU vs KY Gator Bowl

CLEMSON, S.C. —
    The Clemson Tigers, who finished the regular season on an upswing with four straight wins, are heading west/south for their bowl game destination.

Clemson (8-4, 4-4 ACC) will meet Kentucky (7-5, 3-5 SEC) on Dec. 29 in the Gator Bowl from Jacksonville, FL.

The Tigers will look much different than the team that finished the regular season with wins over No. 15 Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, No. 20 UNC and South Carolina, with a number of key contributors likely to be unavailable.

Both linebacker Jeremiah Trotter Jr. and cornerback Nate Wiggins have already declared for the NFL draft, and are not expected to play in the bowl game.

In addition, wide receiver Beaux Collins, who was Clemson's second-leading receiver this year, and tight end Sage Ennis, have both announced their intention to enter the transfer portal.

Dabo Swinney will meet with the media via teleconference on Sunday evening.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/clemso...tion/46018252#

Should be an easy win, I mean SC beat em, right?
    Sounds like excuses already being made. Every team has players sitting out and bailing.
    #nextmanup

Has South Carolina’s bowl match up been announced yet? Google isn’t giving me any answers.
    Carolina Counsel

Maybe Erkel can round up a few of the guys for some flag football over the holidays.

Has Rattler announced her intentions for the bowl game? Would say a lot about Shane’s program if he plays…

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    Has Rattler announced her intentions for the bowl game? Would say a lot about Shane’s program if he plays…
    Yes, he's playing in the Senior Bowl, and then on to the NFL.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Did you mean to say arena football league?

Kentucky has the SEC’s best out of conference win thus far this year. Clemson better watch out for that SEC power

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    Kentucky has the SEC’s best out of conference win thus far this year. Clemson better watch out for that SEC power
    Missouri over K State was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Yes, he's playing in the Senior Bowl, and then on to the NFL as a tackling dummy on the practice squad.

FIFY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-03-2023 at 08:20 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Yes, he's playing in the Senior Bowl, and then on to the NFL.

The Senior Bowl? Well good for him, at least he gets to go to a bowl, sort of but not really, ok not even close, really an exhibition game or schoolyard scrimmage.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Playing Kentucky isn’t all that exciting to me. You win and your “supposed to”, lose and it’s a black eye. But we recruit Jacksonville hard and it’s still a bowl and more practice for the offense. Way better than no bowl or a 5-7 record (for example).

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Playing Kentucky isn’t all that exciting to me. You win and your “supposed to”, lose and it’s a black eye. But we recruit Jacksonville hard and it’s still a bowl and more practice for the offense. Way better than no bowl or a 5-7 record (for example).
    Liberty would have been a better game.

If can-tucky doesn’t fumble for a touchdown on the opening drive and drop and interception to allow for a field goal they should win. 7-6
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    If can-tucky doesn’t fumble for a touchdown on the opening drive and drop and interception to allow for a field goal they should win. 7-6
    What's the over/under on Climp5in's offense scoring a TD?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    What's the over/under on Climp5in's offense scoring a TD?
    If I was Dabo I would have punched it in on the final drive against the coots instead of taking the knee. But I guess that why he gets paid millions and I don’t.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    If I was Dabo I would have punched it in on the final drive against the coots instead of taking the knee. But I guess that why he gets paid millions and I don’t.
    Same. I reckon the 2-3 stars were pretty worn down by then
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

He couldn’t afford to try again and fail, again, that’d be like his merkin falling off on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The Senior Bowl? Well good for him, at least he gets to go to a bowl, sort of but not really, ok not even close, really an exhibition game or schoolyard scrimmage.
    You do realize the Senior Bowl is pretty-much a pre-combine workout, right? Like a tryout for the next level? Like, possibly extremely beneficial for his future? Right?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master