Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Who gets in ??

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Well, everyone has his favorite. I don't dispute his greatness, but there are some others who could be interchangeable, including a certain Paul Bryant (323 career wins) , and Knute Rockne are my top 3.
    Bryant coached when you could essentially stockpile talent. This is part of the reason there is an 85-scholarship limit today. Before 1972 there were no limits on football scholarships.

"In 1963, Georgia Tech left the SEC because of the oversigning practices of its rival schools — mainly Bear Bryant and Alabama. Yellow Jackets coach Bobby Dodd charged that Alabama was oversigning players and held “tryout camps” in the offseason, according to Jack Wilkinson’s biography titled “Dodd’s Luck.” Dodd urged the SEC to create a rule prohibiting tryout camps, and when the rule was voted down, the Jackets left the conference."

The real question is if the roles were reversed, would Bama get in?

Say they lost starting QB and had to play their 3rd string and struggled to score but still won with a great defense, but the 2nd string guy would be available later?

Don't bother, you know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Pulling for your conference ain't the same as claiming someone elses victories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

60s: SEC3, Big12 2, ACC 0, Big10 2, Pac12 2, IND 1

70s: SEC 2, Big12 2, ACC 1, Big10 2, Pac12 1, IND 2

80s: SEC 1, Big12 1, ACC 4, Big10 2, Pac12 0, IND 2

90s: SEC 3, Big12 0, ACC 4, Big10 3, Pac12 0, IND 0

00s: SEC 5, Big12 2, ACC 1, Big10 1, Pac12 1, IND 0

10s: SEC 4, Big12 0, ACC 1, Big10 1, Pac12 0, IND 0

Total: SEC 18, Big12 7, ACC 10, Big10 11, Pac12 4, IND 5
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

and the 20s

SEC 4

erebody else 0

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    60s: SEC3, Big12 2, ACC 0, Big10 2, Pac12 2, IND 1

70s: SEC 2, Big12 2, ACC 1, Big10 2, Pac12 1, IND 2

80s: SEC 1, Big12 1, ACC 4, Big10 2, Pac12 0, IND 2

90s: SEC 3, Big12 0, ACC 4, Big10 3, Pac12 0, IND 0

00s: SEC 5, Big12 2, ACC 1, Big10 1, Pac12 1, IND 0

10s: SEC 4, Big12 0, ACC 1, Big10 1, Pac12 0, IND 0

Total: SEC 18, Big12 7, ACC 10, Big10 11, Pac12 4, IND 5
    What is this?

Looks like national titles by decade.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    Looks like national titles by decade.
    2013-fsu
    2016-Clemson
    2018-Clemson

Can’t be national title chart.

How many does Sakkerliner have in football? Or you can use conference or division championships if you want. Shouldn’t take two long two count.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    2013-fsu
    2016-Clemson
    2018-Clemson

Can’t be national title chart.
    Dang. I should have looked closer. Looks like this was created in 2016 or maybe the author does not count the games with asterisks.

Got em.

If FSU wants to blame someone, it should look at its own conference and commissioner. The ACC wanted to join the cute “alliance” after OU and UT were announced to be joining the SEC. The SEC, ESPN, and the playoff committee wanted the playoffs expanded and the “alliance” voted it down. Meanwhile the B10 was stabbing little brother out west in the back and robbing its good teams. The ACC made its bed and now they have to sleep in it. Oh and not to mention Alabama is 5th in strength of schedule and FSU is 55th and an opponent’s combined losing record. FSU has opened as 2 touchdown underdogs to UGA. Why would anyone want to see that in the playoffs??? Mark my word, this will be the beginning of the end of the ACC….

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    If FSU wants to blame someone, it should look at its own conference and commissioner. The ACC made its bed and now they have to sleep in it. Oh and not to mention Alabama is 5th in strength of schedule and FSU is 55th and an opponent’s combined losing record. FSU has opened as 2 touchdown underdogs to UGA. Why would anyone want to see that in the playoffs??? Mark my word, this will be the beginning of the end of the ACC….
    and the Climp5in bed shitting hasn't helped any of the above

Told y’all a long time ago FSU wasn’t getting in and UGA’s going to break it off in Norvell’s team. Wouldn’t have been any better if they’d of drawn OHSt or Oregon.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Pulling for your conference ain't the same as claiming someone elses victories
    But that is exactly what every Clemson fan is doing right now. Oh the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Pot meet kettle

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    How many does Sakkerliner have in football? Or you can use conference or division championships if you want. Shouldn’t take two long two count.
    Rent free

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    Rent free
    yep, it appears he may of taken the dynasty collapse harder than any of these delusional idiots
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-05-2023 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    But that is exactly what every Clemson fan is doing right now. Oh the irony.
    Criticizing the ESPN owned committee is not pulling for a conference. I hate FSU and them being in the playoff could hurt recruiting against them, so I don't necessarily want FSU in the playoff. I am just laughing at anyone who thinks the committee is unbiased and has anything other than Money in Disney pockets at the root of their decisions. The SEC was NEVER going to be left out.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Criticizing the ESPN owned committee is not pulling for a conference. I hate FSU and them being in the playoff could hurt recruiting against them, so I don't necessarily want FSU in the playoff. I am just laughing at anyone who thinks the committee is unbiased and has anything other than Money in Disney pockets at the root of their decisions. The SEC was NEVER going to be left out.
    I thought about replying to him but it's clear that he's just like Rick and Bunn. Blinded by his hatred of Clemson and can't get past that long enough to intelligently discuss anything pertaining to college football.

They're easy to identify, because no matter the subject, they will ALWAYS bring the discussion back around to Clemson.
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 12-05-2023 at 10:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    As they shouldn’t be. Ask any coach that does it as his profession and other than the FSU coach, I’d bet all would say the same. You can’t have a playoff without the SEC.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."