Thread: Hog hunting in Texas

Default Hog hunting in Texas

Dang if this won't bring a smile to your face.

My boss just got back from a helicopter hunt in Tejas. This setup looks way more fun.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I was waiting for one of them to shoot someone.

I’ve seen that one before. I had the same thought. Not saying it wouldn’t be fun though.

Gotta put that one on the bucket list. I’d rather shoot pigs than anything.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

IMG_3841.jpg
    Had a club member with a busted up foot ask to hunt one of my box stands that are easy to get to. He text me this pic and said there were +/- 80 hogs that came across the gasline. Had already planned to hunt this stand Saturday with my daugter to try and get her first deer. Do believe im trading my 7 mag for my AR and 30 round mags.

Why did he not shoot some of them

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Why did he not shoot some of them
    Left his AR in his truck and has killed 10 in the last month with his deer rifle. Keeps bitching about the price of ammo and medical bills. I get it. Tried to help him find his ammo in stock last week with no luck, i think he is down to 6 rounds to get thru the season.

My kid has flown to a few countries for some nice vacations.

Having said that, when he was in about 6th grade, I asked him what he'd like to do for his HS graduation. He didn't know...

I proposed:
    1. Helicopter hog hunt in TX
    2. Dove in Argentina

He's halfway through his 9th grade year and knows it's a standing offer, yet he hasn't made up his mind.

For the sake of logistics, I'd vote for TX.

That video rocked!!!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

How much damage are they causing driving across all those crops?

None... the crops are harvested already. You would do better with a shotgun and buckshot than all those CLASS III stuff. Maybe not as much fun, but probably not much difference.

I used to wade into a whole group of snooters with an AR. You might get 3 but you will scare the bejesus out of them with all the shooting. Shotgun holding 6-8 shells is much more effective for me. 2 3/4" buckshot works great to 40 yards and will critically wound much further.
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 11-23-2023 at 07:06 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    None... the crops are harvested already. You would do better with a shotgun and buckshot than all those CLASS III stuff. Maybe not as much fun, but probably not much difference.

I used to wade into a whole group of snooters with an AR. You might get 3 but you will scare the bejesus out of them with all the shooting. Shotgun holding 6-8 shells is much more effective for me. 2 3/4" buckshot works great to 40 yards and will critically wound much further.
    Yes but a swivel mounted ma deuce is just awesome, overkill and expensive but, heck no buts it’d just be fun.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013