Thread: Leuopold BX4 Range binos

Default Leuopold BX4 Range binos

Got mine just before deer rifle season out here after a 5 month wait. I can only compare these to the Sig Kilo, as I used a friend’s pair for a couple of weeks 2 years ago. I went for optical clarity and brightness over anything else, and the BX4Ranges deliver. I noticed the Sig Kilo’s being dim with a lesser quality view than my 240.00 Athalon 10x42s…so I’d glass for my deer with the Athalons, and I used the kilos to range once the deer was spotted.

I have not yet dived into the manual and ballistics mode on these. I think you have to choose from presets, but I’m not sure…I use Strelock to get my holdover and windage, but seeing the adjustments in the readout with one quick range would be nice. Hope I can figure that out, if not, the optical clarity, edge to edge crispness, and low light visibility are spectacular and are more important to me than the ability to input custom bullet and ballistics data.

Red display is too bright…I’m sure I can adjust that, but for those of you who want unmistakeable brightness, these have you covered. They range quickly and accurately far further than I’ll ever need them to.

If you need rangefinding binos and you have been less than thrilled with the glass performance in the ones that have been out there a while, give these a look…they are fantastic.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Checked 'em out online. Impressive range of 2,600 yards; nice to see they cover the optics AND the electronics with the lifetime warranty!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I have a set of the Vortex rangefinding. They are decent. Not as good of glass as my regular Leupolds for sure at dark and dusk. I found them on sale and figured I'd give them a try. Thanks

Not the rangefinder version but but I have a Bx-4 binos and love them.

I do love my BX-4 standard binoculars. If they come out with a version that has Bluetooth to send the range data to another device, and a built in compass, I'll be on one.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    I do love my BX-4 standard binoculars. If they come out with a version that has Bluetooth to send the range data to another device, and a built in compass, I'll be on one.
    Serious question - why does a compass function matter in this application?

If it syncs with some app, wouldn't the app include compass data.

Additionally, compasses are a dime a dozen.

Just really curious as to why you'd want one digitally imposed on a set of binos when you can buy an adhesive, button sized stick-on for >$5.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Serious question - why does a compass function matter in this application?

If it syncs with some app, wouldn't the app include compass data.

Additionally, compasses are a dime a dozen.

Just really curious as to why you'd want one digitally imposed on a set of binos when you can buy an adhesive, button sized stick-on for >$5.
    Not a requirement but would be nice. Shooting at a deer in a featureless cutover, it's nice to shoot an azimuth with range. Then you can locate where the deer or initial blood trail should be by back azimuth.

Or pointing something out to someone else.

I've seen some that you can lase a distance and, by connecting to an app, your lased point is plotted on a map or aerial.

Just neat.

The Bluetooth lets you send range data straight to a ballistics app.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I may be wrong, but I doubt Leupold goes the more-tech route. From my very limited understanding…the tech is what kills the optical quality; I don’t understand how…just what I’ve heard. So to get Bono’s that carry like Binos with range fx and great optics, they created the BX 4 range. I don’t know how accurate what I said is, but they hit the nail on the head with the brightness, crispness, and edge to edge clarity. The range works well, so I’ll happily deal with dope taped to my stock and using strelock app to help with my aging eyes and declining vision. Compass feature does sound awesome in the regard you mention.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

The Leupold BX4 Range Binoculars are highly praised by a hunter for their exceptional optical quality, especially in low light conditions. They offer clear and bright viewing from edge to edge, providing an immersive experience. The ranging performance is fast and accurate, exceeding the reviewer's needs. Additionally, the binoculars are built to be durable and withstand harsh hunting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by marquesgriffin View Post
    The Leupold BX4 Range Binoculars are highly praised by a hunter for their exceptional optical quality, especially in low light conditions. They offer clear and bright viewing from edge to edge, providing an immersive experience. The ranging performance is fast and accurate, exceeding the reviewer's needs. Additionally, the binoculars are built to be durable and withstand harsh hunting conditions.
    ChatGPT?!?

Quote Originally Posted by marquesgriffin View Post
    We have bots on here now?