Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: clemson vs usc

Heard most of the team and coaches had the flu. Said they had 12 players with Iv in them after warmups. So I’m sure they weren’t at their full potential.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Clemson’s offense did what they had to and won the game. They also went super conservative at the end because the defense completely controlled the second half. Clemson has been subpar on offense the last 3 years and Carolina has lost 2 of 3 and both of them at home.

So is there a separate draft for the practice squad candidates? Cause that's all Rattler will ever get drawn in, if at all.

ESPN's pushing that "what round will Rattler go in?" narrative for some reason. I guess that's just media doing what media does.

He's just not that good. I hope he comes back season to hang with ole Beamer for his last season. Beamer's last I mean.

This whole Beamer thing is working out about as well as the Muschamp thing did... and we all saw how that ended.
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-26-2023 at 09:12 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    That may have bordered on criminal. Number 24 had no idea where he was for a minute.
    I agree, that young man did not need to play the rest of the night

He legs were about to give away when he got up and was dazed looking. I believe in tough players but comes a time common sense has to prevail

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So is there a separate draft for the practice squad candidates? Cause that's all Rattler will ever get drawn in, if at all.

ESPN's pushing that "what round will Rattler go in?" narrative for some reason. I guess that's just media doing what media does.

He's just not that good. I hope he comes back season to hang with ole Beamer for his last season. Beamer's last I mean.

This whole Beamer thing is working out about as well as the Muschamp thing did... and we all saw how that ended.
    They are talking about him because you are wrong and I’m one of the biggest Clemson fan you will ever meet. You are underestimating him. He’s probably the best qb to ever put on a Carolina jersey with the least amount of help.

That Anderson dude should have been immdiately placed in concussion protocol. I recall Rattler even telling him to lie down so they could stop the game and assist him off the field. My man was shook up.

And shame on the coaches for sending him back in. I feel certain they saw the tape. But I could be wrong...

Either way, he had zero business going back on the field at any point last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Best to ever put on a Gamecocks jersey? Better than Ellis, better than the saviors Tanneyhill, Connor Shaw and Garcia? I mean, the proof's in the pudding isn't it? Connor made plays and led his team to victories. Garcia led his team to beat the #1 Tide back in the day. That was exciting football. Rattler led his team to a whopping 5 wins. I know you can have a good QB on a bad team, but dang.

Rattler has his moments, sure. But the body of his work isn't adding up to much. Perhaps you're right and I could very well be wrong... but I'm just not seeing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Yall killing me with the two terrible teams crap.
    You got picked apart and stuffed. Clemson's receiving game is lacking. But don't make yourself feel better by downgrading the defense and running game. Heck, I can't believe I'm saying this but our kicking game was even good.
    You realize you didn't score an offensive touchdown with that 5 star QB and running backs. Your field goal kicker made 3 from over 40 yds. Either your offense sucks or SC's defense is top ten. I'll go with your offense sucks.

Upstatewaterfowler is correct about SC's play calling. 1st down- 3 yd pass,.....2nd down- 0 yd run,.......3rd down......Rattler getting smothered and sacked,....then punt......and repeat. Loggins isn't very smart.

Rattler needs to move on. His scrambling ability is lacking.

Five star wide receiver Nick Harbor couldn't catch a cold......all year. He needs to move back to the defensive side.

Beamer needs to worry about blockers and running backs in the draft and portal.

The transfer portal is going to be a wild west show.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Best to ever put on a Gamecocks jersey? Better than Ellis, better than the saviors Tanneyhill, Connor Shaw and Garcia? I mean, the proof's in the pudding isn't it? Connor made plays and led his team to victories. Garcia led his team to beat the #1 Tide back in the day. That was exciting football. Rattler led his team to a whopping 5 wins. I know you can have a good QB on a bad team, but dang.

Rattler has his moments, sure. But the body of his work isn't adding up to much. Perhaps you're right and I could very well be wrong... but I'm just not seeing it.
    He passed tanneyhill last night in passing yards to become 3rd with that garbage talent he has had over the last 2 years. At least I’m 90% sure that’s what I saw. So yes you are severely underestimating him. Conor and Garcia had multiple quality receivers. Not to mention running back threats.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 11-26-2023 at 09:46 AM.

Without Rattler the coots win maybe 2 games this year. He’s a pro QB. If Clemson had Rattler on their roster this year they’d have a few less losses. Maybe none.

Rattler’s elusiveness is the only reason UofSC had the scoring drive they did manage. He slipped out of several sure sacks last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    You realize you didn't score an offensive touchdown with that 5 star QB and running backs. Your field goal kicker made 3 from over 40 yds. Either your offense sucks or SC's defense is top ten. I'll go with your offense sucks.

The running game choked you out like a boa constrictor. Heck they just took a knee at the end. Congratulations for being beat by field goals by the worst kicking team in college football.

The running game choked you out like a boa constrictor. Heck they just took a knee at the end. Congratulations for being beat by field goals by the worst kicking team in college football.
    Maybe football just isn't your thing. You think Clemson didn't want to score touchdowns with that running game? They kicked field goals because they got stopped before they could score a touchdown. Your terrible kicker was 3 for 3.

At the end, Chipley was trying to score as hard as he could. He didn't. At least they were in field goal range.

Just out of curiosity how many of the Clemson fans cheering that anemic offense actually are actually Clemson graduates. One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that the rabid mouth frothing faithful never went there. Actual Clemson alumni tend to be fairly classy.

The entirety of the football threads in the sports forum this fall, and any fall for the last 10 years illustrates how miserable it must be to be a South Carolina football fan. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. It is the equivalent of those middle eastern folks that go out and throw rocks at tanks. Sure, you’re going to hit one every now and then, but in the grand scheme of things, it’s not even worth their ammo to take you out.

Clemson was pretty poor on offense last night, but was never under any real threat of losing. These movies have different actors and different plots, but they mostly end the same.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Easy to hook old fishermen today.

Again, don't try to make your loss feel better by downgrading the team that beat you in your own house.

Easy to hook old fishermen today.

Again, don't try to make your loss feel better by downgrading the team that beat you in your own house.
    5, yes 5 years straight, they have beat the cocks at the dumpster of the south willy-brice.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

The coots have a grant total of 5 wins at The cockroach over Clemson since the mid 80’s. That stat says it all.

"To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Instead of making stupid, daily, lame jokes about the better team, I’d recommend y’all that profess to know so well work on helping to fix that awful shit in Columbia. Only one of these teams is headed in a positive direction.

As for the game, surely y’all didn’t really see it going any other way. There was just no way it could without Clemson losing the turnover margin or in some other way hurting itself.

Talk about an ugly game, 2 bad teams, etc is straight loser speak. Nothing more. You don’t have the answers to fix your problems and neither does your staff. You can only go back to the “we are shit, so you must be too” mantra so many times. It’s just lame as hell.

While that place is a rowdy environment inside the stadium and is what college football should be, it is a complete shit show and is a terrible environment outside the stadium. If you’re being honest with yourself and have traveled anywhere else at all, you know it’s true. There is literally no other place I’ve been that is as bad of a tailgating and pre-game scene as that. It’s embarrassing.

You can make the same lame jokes but the truth of the matter is that you’re part of the problem. Until you’re all willing to demand better, it won’t change. And that’s fine by me.

I really feel sorry for ya.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....