Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dogs and chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    No you pour it down their throat and it will foam up in their stomach which causes them to throw up.
    Ding Ding DIng

Glad it worked its way out........
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

My Golden would have died ten years ago.
    She gets pissed if I don't bring her KitKat or Reece's Peanut Butter Cups home
    everyday

Buddy's golden ate a hot plate of fudge. He didn't know it, let him out and it ran figure 8s around truck for a while. Passed out when exhausted, all good. Case by case situation, haven't heard of a dog kia from chocolate but don't doubt it is possible.

My lab has gotten into kid’s candy multiple times. Never bothered to induce vomiting. She’s been fine, normal poop except for some wrappers in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Buddy's golden ate a hot plate of fudge. He didn't know it, let him out and it ran figure 8s around truck for a while. Passed out when exhausted, all good. Case by case situation, haven't heard of a dog kia from chocolate but don't doubt it is possible.
    So does it speed them up and they have a heart attack/stroke?

I know how to get poison and just about anything else out....a noted. But the chocolate thing I'm now curious about.

I know a whole cheese pizza will not hurt them.

Came home put 2 pepperonis on one counter went out to help the wife get groceries inside. Looked around said where is the cheese pizza??? I had a super fat Ridge Back looking at me. I couldnt find the box? Dang dog was smart enough to hide the thing in the closet.

So for a recap. She jumps on the counter. Opens the box eats a piece or 2. Looks around. Shuts the lid, grabs box, goes into the closet and finishes said pizza off.

Camera caught it all.

Loved that dog.

She got bone cancer. Terrible loss. A friend like no other.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 11-19-2023 at 12:36 AM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by cusportsman View Post
    My lab has gotten into kid’s candy multiple times. Never bothered to induce vomiting. She’s been fine, normal poop except for some wrappers in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Was just informed by my wife when on poop patrol in the backyard, our lab had fully disposed of a complete miniature Twix still in the wrapper. He’s gotten a bad habit of counter surfing when nobody is looking.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    So does it speed them up and they have a heart attack/stroke?

I know how to get poison and just about anything else out....a noted. But the chocolate thing I'm now curious about.

I know a whole cheese pizza will not hurt them.

Came home put 2 pepperonis on one counter went out to help the wife get groceries inside. Looked around said where is the cheese pizza??? I had a super fat Ridge Back looking at me. I couldnt find the box? Dang dog was smart enough to hide the thing in the closet.

So for a recap. She jumps on the counter. Opens the box eats a piece or 2. Looks around. Shuts the lid, grabs box, goes into the closet and finishes said pizza off.

Camera caught it all.

Loved that dog.

She got bone cancer. Terrible loss. A friend like no other.
    Id kill to see that video.

It's on one of my older computers I will have to see if I cant dig it up.

About to start the fun all over again. Should have a new male drive sometime this week.

There first 3 months are fairly easy. About 3 months to 1.5 they are going to push you, test your patience, and get into anything that isnt nailed down. If it is nailed down they may just unnail it. About 1.5-3 they are still rambunctious, but ease into life. After 3 they are full grown, and just chill and hang out, until you say let's go or an outsider comes in their territory. Everyone with in a mile is going to know someone strange is around. Depends on the demeanor of the stranger as to what will happen next. They will give you everything they have till their last breath!
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot