Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: School Me on Deer Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Yeah, that was it, the Federal Premiums all being inside an inch were just a fluke.
    Something about sunshine and Fido's rear end apply here? Or maybe a squirrel with bad vision?

Yeah, that was it, the Federal Premiums all being inside an inch were just a fluke.
    ^^^this

Federal Premium 150 gr boat tail bullets are hard to beat in a 30.06 or .308

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I threw the last box of Core Lokts I bought in the garbage because a cereal bowl sized group was about the best I could get out of em. Y'all can have that shit.....
    Surprised you could hit the trash can since you couldn't hit the target with tried and true ammo

I threw the last box of Core Lokts I bought in the garbage because a cereal bowl sized group was about the best I could get out of em. Y'all can have that shit.....

Last box of core lokts I had was in the early 80's. I pulled the trigger on one of the biggest bucks I have ever seen at about 20 yards and it clicked. After a 30 second stare down with him, he exploded like the Hiroshima bomb and is probably still running. The other 19 rounds in the box all fired. I still have that dud bullet somewhere, but I have never shot them at anything living again.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have a Browning XBolt 30.06 that will stack Core-Lokt 150s. I'm hoping the XBolt .308 I just got will as well.

I have purchased 3 XBolts for myself and the kids over the years and they have served us well. And they like common man cup and core ammo as well.

Might as well ask about best pizza!

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowlabhunter View Post
    Might as well ask about best pizza!
    Landolfis or Franks Outback.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

As demonstrated by the preceding several posts…whatever you go with as far as gun/ammo, make sure the gun likes the ammo. I’ve never had issues with accuracy out of the rifles I’ve hunted with with any bullets, but some rifles just don’t like some bullets/loads.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!