Thread: 6.5 creed or vs. 6.5 prc

Default 6.5 creed or vs. 6.5 prc

Thoughts, concerns, etc. for a deer rifle? I am currently shooting the creedmoor and have been pleased, but thinking about a little more juice.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 11-09-2023 at 01:41 PM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

6.5PRC is a bad cat.

I shot an antelope with a buddy's rig after missing with my Ackley at about 700yds. I rushed the first shot (dry fired the rifle). Got in my own head a bit and mis-dialed on the follow up at more distance.

I can't remember what projectile he's shooting, but it fucked that antelope up at 450yds.

Earlier this year, the only aoudad that died on his feet out of our group was taken with 6.5PRC.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I love my PRC. With the 143 ELD-X it's accurate and very high percentage of DRT. It has no brake or can, and it's crazy light. Despite all that, my 12yo daughter shoots it without complaint. I don't know why you'd choose the CM over the PRC except for cheaper and easier to find ammo.

Sasha's got a bad ass 6.5prc in the trading post.

I don’t have a PRC but I do have a 6.5 SAUM which is a PRC with a little more ass behind it. It’s a death ray. I have a creed too but given the choice I’m taking the SAUM/PRC every time in like rifles.

X2 on what acebasinman said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What rifles are you shooting in the prc? I wanting to run a shorter barrel with a suppressor.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

I have a 24 inch barrel. If you go short for a suppressor, you might be limiting yourself to Creedmoor velocities, and not really worth switching. I don't know for sure.

Mine is also 24”. Savage 110 Timberline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ammo are you using for deer with the creedmoor?

I had a deer that I shot and it didn’t get a pass through, tracked it about 400 yards with a dog. Never bled. Since that deer, every one has been DRT.

I’m using the federal fusions
    Last edited by 308; 11-09-2023 at 06:26 PM.

Hornady 143g eldx. I have thought about dropping down to something a little faster in the 120-130 grain realm. Most of my shots are under 200 yards but I like to stretch it out occasionally.
    Currently shooting a Bergara b14 with an 18” barrel.
    Last edited by BugBuster; 11-09-2023 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    What ammo are you using for deer with the creedmoor?

I had a deer that I shot and it didn’t get a pass through, tracked it about 400 yards with a dog. Never bled. Since that deer, every one has been DRT.

I’m using the federal fusions
    Copper Creek 100 grain Barnes TTSX. Wrecks them and you will get a pass thru

I picked up at Tikka T3X Lite Veil last year in 6.5prc and it is a tack driver, very little recoil as well. My 9 year old shoots it regularly and has no complaints. We have only taken a couple of deer with it so far shooting the 143GR ELDX and it has performed well.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

I've really enjoyed mine the last couple years. I did have some difficulty finding a round the rifle really liked (some user error involved). Tried the 143 ELDX, 130 Terminal Ascent and ended up with the 140 Fusion Soft Point. Knocked down my 3rd buck with it last night and I've had exit wound on all three. Shooting a Howa 1500 with 24" barrel.

Caliber 6.5 PRC
    Grain Weight 140
    Muzzle Velocity 2925
    Bullet Style Fusion Soft Point
    Ballistic Coefficient .439
    Bullet Length In 1.270in. / 32.26mm
    Terminal Performance Minimum Velocity 1800
    Package Quantity 20
    Usage Medium Game

My brother has a waypoint in the prc and it’s a killer
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Hornady 143g eldx. I have thought about dropping down to something a little faster in the 120-130 grain realm. Most of my shots are under 200 yards but I like to stretch it out occasionally.
    Currently shooting a Bergara b14 with an 18” barrel.
    I shoot a Sierra 130 Gamechanger just shy of 2900 out of a 24” Creedmoor. The added velocity makes the Creedmoor a much more impressive killer. I shot an antelope a couple of years ago at 625 thru both shoulders and got an exit.