Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Rudy Mancke

Yeah. I watched Rudy growing up, but Franc White and his Zebra striped plane was where it was at. That intro music. Lol. I can still hear it. And house autry.

My dad told me when I was about 10 that Rudy planted some of those snakes that he’d come across on TV. I strongly considered killing my dad in his sleep that night.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I know, I remember him pulling a whip tail scorpion out from under a rock one show.. I was like dern. I was always glued to him as a kid. When I got a little older a buddy of mine was working with him on a states fauna inventory. I took my friend back roads back from a wedding at Pawleys one hungover Sunday morning, we stopped pulling junk like ten times.

Godspeed Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I know, I remember him pulling a whip tail scorpion out from under a rock one show.. I was like dern. I was always glued to him as a kid. When I got a little older a buddy of mine was working with him on a states fauna inventory. I took my friend back roads back from a wedding at Pawleys one hungover Sunday morning, we stopped pulling junk like ten times.

Godspeed Rudy
    “we stopped pulling junk like ten times.“

Dirty ol sinner

Haha

I have only ever seen one scorpion. Lake Murray in an old woodpile I was cleaning up. Nasty bastard. I hope to never see another'n...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I have only ever seen one scorpion. Lake Murray in an old woodpile I was cleaning up. Nasty bastard. I hope to never see another'n...
    Lake Murray sailing camp 1995. Caught it in a cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    My dad told me when I was about 10 that Rudy planted some of those snakes that he’d come across on TV. I strongly considered killing my dad in his sleep that night.
    I can tell you for a fact he had a knack for seeing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I have mentioned it on here before but during a talk at Francis Marion University during the mid 2000's he made a statement that rocked me and everyone that I know who it is repeated to. That state is simply:

"As of today (~2007), there has never been anyone in the recorded medical history in South Carolina, that died from poisonous snake bite ." Rudy Manke

Between him and the Southern Sportsman Show from NC, I tried never to miss either. God's Peace Rudy. MG
    I bet he was too smart to say poisonous instead of venomous.

His brother Jim was my guidance counselor at Spartanburg High many moons ago. I had the pleasure of meeting Rudy and remember watching Nature Scene a good bit. He knew the wildlife and foliage of SC like no other and was able to communicate in a compelling way.
    RIP Mr Mancke.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Only seen one myself, Look Up Lodge in the upstate. They told us they had them when we got up there and one of our roommates stomped it when it was scurrying across the floor.

Jim was my guidance counselor too. One of the greatest. I always loved watching Rudy Mancke and will miss hearing him on sc public radio

God bless him. I know God is all knowing, but I can't help but to think that Rudi and Jesus will be walking along a golden road when Rudi will say "stop." The he will reach over and pull some obscure animal from whatever is growing along the golden road and say, "this is a _______," with Jesus replying, "I've never seen one of those here."

I used to swear that he had people walking out in front of him planting animals in different, pre-determined spots. My mom had the opportunity to go on a nature walk with him back in the 80s, and she let me know that it was a real deal walk with no planted animals and that he would see things everywhere that no one else would ever notice. He was a pretty amazing dood with a great show.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

He was certainly one of the people that shaped my interest in the outdoors. I don’t know that he is replaceable.

on one of those walks at BG, we walked out the tack house door to those cherry barks and were standing around that big ass tree when a 5ft black snake came crawling around the trunk. I looked at Ruby. He looked at me. We both were like "i didnt plant it. did you?"
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Dang, Frank White. Yep. That was my jam.
    I can hear that music in my head. Brought to you by Happy Jack and Manchester Farms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I bet he was too smart to say poisonous instead of venomous.
    The bite from a venomous snake is indeed poisonous.