Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time Change

Default Time Change

I just want to be the first person to ask this year. How will the time change affect buck movement? How long does it usually take for them to adjust?

Default Time Change

They don’t we adjust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bigbuckdown; 11-02-2023 at 05:37 PM.

Probably just come out an hour earlier.
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 11-02-2023 at 05:44 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckdown View Post
    They don’t we adjust

I hope you know this was a joke

Changing the clocks is dumb.

More deer are going to die in the mornings than in the afternoons.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Has anyone ask how old yet?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Has anyone ask how old yet?

Would have been a good one an hr ago
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by ScLowCountry View Post
    I hope you know this was a joke
    Of course

Quote Originally Posted by tsigmon View Post
    Changing the clocks is dumb.
    Well this is the last time I believe.

Gonna make for some long nights. I enjoy it getting dark earlier during deer season only though
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Some of the damndest arguments I have ever witnessed were over time change alarm settings the night before at my hunting club. Hope this helps. Carry on men.

Yall gonna get "an extra hour" of sleep Sunday morning is about the dumbest shit I ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Yall gonna get "an extra hour" of sleep Sunday morning is about the dumbest shit I ever heard.
    I wake up around 430 every morning with no alarm. Now I'll be waking up around 330 every morning with no alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Gonna make for some long nights. I enjoy it getting dark earlier during deer season only though
    Explain? Seems like it should be the opposite for deer hunting?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Younger people and new hunters really don't understand this.. I've cleaned probably over a hundred deer in my life getting into my 30's. I'm only cleaning one now if there's no way out, like a zombie apocalypse and I'm eating for survival.. or every processor goes down, but I promise I'm calling ahead. The time change basically I can kill a deer an hour earlier and be home at a better time.. Like I'm killing one at 5ish, everything done, dropped off and walking into my house around 730ish. That's if I'm waiting that long. You throw before the time change adding an hour, probably packed processors, all of that, it's like 9ish. It ain't about laziness, I'll outwork most people weeks before my Wednesday morning.

I doubt I'm killing a buck deer if it's lower then a 130 class on our place, so I'm shooting does. A buck would have to climb up in my stand and throw a slap, or be crippled as all heck.

Bucks will absolutely, without any doubt, move an hour earlier.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I made an A frame hoist for cleaning deer just for a welding project and last year it compelled me into trying it out instead of hauling a deer to the processor. I must say that I still enjoy the skinning and gutting a deer part but I just don't have time for it. It's a hell of a lot easier with the right cleaning set up and running water but it's a tedious and time consuming job. I still hauled the cleaned deer to the processor for butchering. I have a grinder and all that stuff too but not the time to do it if I can find someone else who will.

I got caught with a dead deer when the processor had to stop taking any more because his freezer was full and decided I need to be prepared for that, just in case. I hate having to call every afternoon before I decide to get in the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Explain? Seems like it should be the opposite for deer hunting?
    It's not late getting home to your family and can still eat dinner with them. Atleast that's the only reason I like it.