Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upper Lake Murray Water Levels First Split

Default Upper Lake Murray Water Levels First Split

Hey y'all. I'm based out of Columbia. Did some scouting over the summer, found a place on upper lake murray that was holding some birds. During the summer it holds about 3-6ft of water and I can easily get my boat back there. I tried to hunt it last winter during that bomb cyclone we had but when I showed up to put my boat in the water was only about 6inches, which was to skinny. I did not realize they drained the lakes that much in the winter.

Does anyone know how far Murray gets drawn down around the first split? I've got limited time to drive up and scout water levels shortly before the split so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know a few people who hunt Lake Murray and all they get out of it is a breakfast burrito in the boat, sunrise picture, a talk with dnr, and maybe one goose.

^^^ Toss in a couple of hits off a duck whistle and it sounds like a fine morning.

Waste of time. Trust Me!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Lake Murray is at normal winter levels now, meaning, it's super low. If you had 3' to 4' of water during the summer it's a mud flat now.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

You’ll have better luck dropping anchor out in the middle by the dam and shooting them there.
    Last edited by SCHUNTINFANATIC; 10-30-2023 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    You’ll have better luck dropping anchor out in the middle by the dam and shooting them there.
    I've done that. Dropped a pirogue in at the boat ramp parking lot, paddled to some rocks off the sailing club, smashed the divers and paddled back. The sound of the gun shot reverberating off the steel sheet pile of the dam was super cool.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    ^^^ Toss in a couple of hits off a duck whistle and it sounds like a fine morning.
    My man!

That’s hydillia grass off the boat launch at Wessinger rd . Good luck

If I told you how and where to kill some ducks on Lake Murray would you stop using the word “split” in place of season?

Or, if you are dead set on staying special Ed, would you consider using the term “first divide” just for my own amusement?

I promise there will be ducks where I send you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

@bogster please don’t disrespect the special Ed kids by comparing them to me, they’re much smarter than that. I’ll be sure to divide and conquer in the future. And feel free to dm me where the Muscovy farm is. I’ll take a hack at em, dog needs work and all that

@everyone else I appreciate the info, a dead silent sunrise sounds very nice with how noisy my house is

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    If I told you how and where to kill some ducks on Lake Murray would you stop using the word “split” in place of season?

Or, if you are dead set on staying special Ed, would you consider using the term “first divide” just for my own amusement?

I promise there will be ducks where I send you.
    You can send me and I’ll say pretty much whatever. New pup needs the work, I don’t cyber scout and I’ve been on here about 20 years longer. Or just take me. And I promise I won’t @ you on a forum where that’s not required for you to see what I write. I think basically I’m saying I’m 20-30 years older than the OP when I look back and read the post and reply.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

@Palmetto Duck we can split a fish whistle and a breakfast burrito while shooting mergs/dragging the boat through the mud if you want. Maybe I’ll even pick you some bocephus on the guitar on the ride back

Hunt the Islands. Put out a big spread and and hunt on a day the bass guys are having a tournament.

Bogster, you're a douche.
    Last edited by CurLee; 10-30-2023 at 11:16 PM.

If you want to come to the Bomb Island blast, bring your own blow and hoes. And bring extra for Feetdown and KRT for holding the hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Bogster, you're a douche.
    How'd the original version read?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

he fouled up the chuffa info and is taking it out on people that hunt lake murray.
    it kinda makes sense....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Starting early this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    he fouled up the chuffa info and is taking it out on people that hunt lake murray.
    it kinda makes sense....
    LOL
    DILLIGAF