Thread: Neighborhood Yotes

Default Neighborhood Yotes

Jack and I were coming down the street to the house this evening. 3 yotes were at an intersection just up from the house. My big female GSP has been going nuts over something in the woods behind the house too. If I don’t keep a shock collar on her she’ll go through the fence after whatever it is. Got a vacant lot next door and a wooded buffer behind the house. What’s the best way to set up on them? Leg traps? Bait? Never trapped before but we need them gone.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

let your dog interact and then beep it back and be waiting with a semi auto
    Windows Down!

Subsonic rimfire suppressed or bow. Leg traps are problematic with domestic animals. Havahart may make a live trap large enough but a coyote may be tough to convince.

Saw my first one on the island last week, between Flowers and King's Market. Nary a hog yet...

Yet

Thankfully, they can't swim...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Saw my first one on the island last week, between Flowers and King's Market. Nary a hog yet...
    Seent them on the beach a few times the past couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Problem with shooting them is you have to be there when they are. I've got a buddy with pet ducks that has a coyote problem. Started with ten at the beginning of the year and is down to six now. We've tried sitting in a stand almost all night for a week and the day we don't, he shows up.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Seent them on the beach a few times the past couple of years.
    Maybe they will eat some deer. Remind me to tell you about the buck that killed my lab a couple weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by TennDan View Post
    Subsonic rimfire suppressed or bow. Leg traps are problematic with domestic animals. Havahart may make a live trap large enough but a coyote may be tough to convince.
    I’m not opposed to liquidating a feral cat or 5. One’s scratched the new car already, it’s on a kill on sight protocol.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Maybe they will eat some deer. Remind me to tell you about the buck that killed my lab a couple weeks ago...
    I know they’re there, but i spend a lot of time there (like you and Will) and have never seen a coyote.
    You’d think with the abundance of tamie deer and oodles of fawns, they’d be taking them down in broad daylight in people’s yards. I’ve never seen a kill sight either come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’m not opposed to liquidating a feral cat or 5. One’s scratched the new car already, it’s on a kill on sight protocol.
    Coyotes are stupid for distressed rabbit calls. Get you one and they’ll come to you.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

That was you? Oh man I'm sorry. A girl that works with me was telling me about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Yeah it sucked. He is one smart buck, I will give him that. He knows where he can stand and I can't/won't shoot. Pussy will be his undoing...

Damn Jab sorry to hear that.

We hear them from time to time really close to our house at night, but I have not actually seen one where we live. First time we heard them, it was way louder than I thought it would be. When it happens, our dogs bark and growl for hours which then keeps us up.