Thread: Beaver Trapping

Default Beaver Trapping

I’m looking for someone that can trap beavers and also permanently remove hard to reach dams. They are blocking up the main creek that I use to flood all of our duck ponds. Dams are inaccessible with heavy machinery, tried last year and almost lost a $100k excavator in the process. Contemplated using tannerite to blow up the dam but it’s pretty close quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Corey Taylor. 803-572-2372. He's right down the road from you in Lugoff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntin Ace View Post
    You are exactly right sc sportsman

Them bastards will return shortly after you get the current ones take care of.

[QUOTE=aquaman;3118995]Them bastards will return shortly after you get the current ones take care of.[/QUOT

It won't matter if you'll install levelers before they do.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

[QUOTE=turbo;3118997]
    Quote Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
    Them bastards will return shortly after you get the current ones take care of.[/QUOT

It won't matter if you'll install levelers before they do.
    Not possible to get a leveler installed and it also won’t provide me with enough water flow to fill the ponds fast enough. As it stands it takes a month or more to get the one 70ac pond full. Realistically I need an explosives expert to come in a rig it with some dynamite on a long fuse and trigger.

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

I know some bomb teams will blow beaver dams sometimes for training. How close is the nearest house? Gas line, sewer line, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    I know some bomb teams will blow beaver dams sometimes for training. How close is the nearest house? Gas line, sewer line, etc?
    Nearest house is 300yds away and I20 is 600yds upstream of the dam. Creek actually runs under the interstate.

Shit, you buy the tannerite and we will blow that sucker to pieces. You’d be surprised what 25lbs of it will do if you know how to prepare it!����

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    Shit, you buy the tannerite and we will blow that sucker to pieces. You’d be surprised what 25lbs of it will do if you know how to prepare it!����
    I’ve seen what 25lbs and 5gals of gas/diesel mix will do. Problem is there’s not enough room where the dam is to get far enough away to have a clean shot. I have contemplated climbing a nearby tree with a climbing stand to get a clear shot but something about a climbing stand and explosives doesn’t seem safe.

Whatever the solution turns out to be, please video it. This 100% sounds like something I would try to do, and I can’t wait to see the outcome.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Someone should be able to trap the beaver family in 10 days. There are probably 5-7 beavers. Once they are gone you can break the dam in 30 minutes and get the desired flow.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Whatever the solution turns out to be, please video it. This 100% sounds like something I would try to do, and I can’t wait to see the outcome.
    I want to watch.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Someone should be able to trap the beaver family in 10 days. There are probably 5-7 beavers. Once they are gone you can break the dam in 30 minutes and get the desired flow.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    You are welcome to come over and walk the hundred or so yards to the dam and give it a go after the beavers are gone!

Find the hut. Tannerite the hut. Break the dam. Kill the stragglers with a shotgun and 00's.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Beavers are not God's creatures. They should all be killed with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Find the hut. Tannerite the hut. Break the dam. Kill the stragglers with a shotgun and 00's.
    Cha ching

Pro Tip: Don’t build your house outta firewood

Also always carry a lighter!