Thread: Registering and titling surface drive kit/harbor freight engine

Default Registering and titling surface drive kit/harbor freight engine

Anybody know where to start with getting a mudskipper surface drive kit/harbor freight engine titled and registered? Both pieces were purchased already assembled off marketplace without receipts for either component.

My honda motor had a serial number. I had to take a picture of it and motor printed out to dnr office to start process. Don’t try to mail it. They did the paperwork to register it with county. I know some of the tax stuff has changed.

Watch what the county assesses it as. Lexington tried to tax a 13hp lawnmower motor as a 15hp honda outboard. Aka tried to value it really high compared to what it was.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TNasti View Post
    Anybody know where to start with getting a mudskipper surface drive kit/harbor freight engine titled and registered? Both pieces were purchased already assembled off marketplace without receipts for either component.
    I'm looking at doing something similar. How do you like the mudskipper? What hp harbor freight motor is on it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

We just purchased a 1236 g3 yesterday so haven’t had a chance to try it yet. We have a 212cc predator. I’m hopeful though. Doubt it’ll be a speed demon just want it to get me there and back.

Ok cool. Reckon I’ll just gather as many documents and pictures as I can and see what they can do with em. I appreciate it.

Got another outboard? Get a duplicate sticker, put it on the home made deal, or don't put a sticker on it at all.

I never had an issue and was never asked to provide registration for an outboard when I lived in SC. I'm also a fan of giving .gov the least amount of money possible.

Or stick a 4.5hp sticker on it. Under 5hp doesn’t have to be registered.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Got another outboard? Get a duplicate sticker, put it on the home made deal, or don't put a sticker on it at all.

I never had an issue and was never asked to provide registration for an outboard when I lived in SC. I'm also a fan of giving .gov the least amount of money possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Or stick a 4.5hp sticker on it. Under 5hp doesn’t have to be registered.
    Either of these would be the route I took. Have never been asked for my motor paperwork....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I wouldn't worry about registering it.
    Just have the paperwork for the hull.