Thread: 24 volt Lithiums for Trolling Motor

Default 24 volt Lithiums for Trolling Motor

My trolling motor batteries are dead (24 volt system). Need to replace them.

What is sufficient for a 24 volt trolling motor? I can get one 24 lithium for what two lead batteries cost. 100 ah's work? What about charging systems? Assuming my 2 bank Minn Kota charger wont charge the single battery.

Thanks...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

100 ah is plenty. Going to need a different charger for the 1 24volt.

Lighter
    Charges Faster
    Holds charge better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota sends a charger with their battery

25lb vs 150lb. weight difference is huge. When my lead batteries go, a lithium will replace them. My dad did it last year and he even takes the battery out of the boat to charge it because it is so light.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    My trolling motor batteries are dead (24 volt system). Need to replace them.

What is sufficient for a 24 volt trolling motor? I can get one 24 lithium for what two lead batteries cost. 100 ah's work? What about charging systems? Assuming my 2 bank Minn Kota charger wont charge the single battery.

Thanks...
    Im interested in what brand Lithiums you are looking at. I thought they cost alot more than conventional batteries.
    Thanks

I'm going to retract that...it was a single 12 volt that didnt listen to my amazon search for 24volt 100ah and was the first on the search results.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Someone please unban Jimmy.

Another vote for Dakota. Running a 24v 60ah with my Terravova 80 for the past 3 years . Plenty of power and I’ve run it up to 3 days of fishing without recharging. Worth the money
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

You’ll need a new charger, lithiums certainly offer advantages.

I still think I’d stay with “regular” batteries unless weight/space savings are a must or you will use it very often. It’s a large investment to switch over.

I’ll never go back to LA batteries for a TM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ionic is a popular brand... distributed in Charlotte I think.
    As stated, once mine go bad, that's the way I'm going in the boats and cart.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Lithium for trolling motor.

X2 power AGM for cranking and running multiple electronics

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Not the cheapest, but one of the best.....

Check out MillerTech.

I just replaced two 12v lead acid batteries with two 50 ah ionic lithium batteries and am very happy with them other than the price. My original 12v 3 bank charger works fine. You need to make sure the charging voltage is at least 13.4 and you should be good. Drewcraft had the best deal at the time and ionic is made right here in SC. 10 year warranty is hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Someone please unban Jimmy.
    Here for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    My original 12v 3 bank charger works fine. You need to make sure the charging voltage is at least 13.4 and you should be good.
    That's good to know. My flats boat would really benefit from lighter batteries but I just recently, after years of procrastinating, got around to installing a 3 bank charger and haven't wanted to go back to charging batteries individually.

I still have some concern about charging lithium batteries while my boat is parked under my house. Some of the videos of Li batteries catching fire are pretty frightening.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk