Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Man kills deer dog, shit storm on FaceBook

.......it wasn't the dog's fault
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-28-2023 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    I can tell you a situation I was involved in where the guy that shot the dog was charged and had to pay the dog owner for what he valued his dog at. Orangeburg county
    And that’s all anyone will ever get. I’m shocked that an attorney posting on here about a big civil suit doesn’t appreciate that all you will ever get for an animal in sc is the value of that animal. There is not emotional value recognized here (right or wrong). How much was said dog worth? Intentional infliction of emotional harm- for a dog? Read the law. The value of the dog is the damages in a civil case.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    That's a fact. And how in heck do you go into the woods without a knife on you?
    I was young; I had played poker till 3 am drinking some fine Galax, Virginia moonshine; my 2pm go-to-the-woods time wasn’t enough time to shake the hangover; I’m surprised I made it to the stand with any ammo at all. It was doe thinning day, and I had already killed two does. I made a terrible shot on the last one, and I had to run that deer down and choke her out. It suuuuucked! This is not one of the crazier hunt stories I’ve amassed in my years.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 09-28-2023 at 11:01 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    And that’s all anyone will ever get. I’m shocked that an attorney posting on here about a big civil suit doesn’t appreciate that all you will ever get for an animal in sc is the value of that animal. There is not emotional value recognized here (right or wrong). How much was said dog worth? Intentional infliction of emotional harm- for a dog? Read the law. The value of the dog is the damages in a civil case.
    Well then, Duct Tape needs to get to work on a new law. I love my 10 year old Golden and she definitely has "emotional value"
    On the other hand, it's good to know that if I send my neighbor's dog to met Jesus.....it'll just cost me a couple Ben Franklins.

Letting your dog go onto someone else’s property…dumb

Shooting a collared dog on your property…dumber

Bragging about shooting said dog on Facebook….dumbest shit ever known to man
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I’m a betting man and say he won’t. An officer has discretion on charges. “Going to light” ain’t going nowhere.
    $100 says he'll be formally reprimanded or worse.

I'm aware. I think there is a recent opinion that emotional damages can be claimed if it manifest itself into a physical injury. A plaintiffs attorney told me about it at a recent cle but I haven't researched the opinion. I got a stud fee of 2500 for mine recently. He could arguably be worth a bunch. All I'm saying is I would try everything win or lose and the dude who shot the dog is scum and anyone who advocates doing the same is also scum in my mind.
    Last edited by CofC Waterfowler; 09-29-2023 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    I was young; I had played poker till 3 am drinking some fine Galax, Virginia moonshine; my 2pm go-to-the-woods time wasn’t enough time to shake the hangover; I’m surprised I made it to the stand with any ammo at all. It was doe thinning day, and I had already killed two does. I made a terrible shot on the last one, and I had to run that deer down and choke her out. It suuuuucked! This is not one of the crazier hunt stories I’ve amassed in my years.
    There's always a story within the story...

It's ironic that Annabelle didn't live to see the end of her beloved sport but that's where things are definitely heading with the large tracts of paper company land being less and less available to dog clubs.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I'm aware. I think there is a recent opinion that emotional damages can be claimed if it manifest itself into a physical injury. A plaintiffs attorney told me about it at a recent cle but I haven't researched the opinion. I got a stud fee of 2500 for mine recently. He could arguably be worth a bunch. All I'm saying is I would try everything win or lose and the dude who shot the dog is scum and anyone who advocates doing the same is also scum in my mind.

My thoughts exactly. There are laws in SC that make it illegal to kill a hunting dog and remove its collar.
    And yet, several folks have posted on this thread supporting not only the commission of the crime but furthering the crime by advocating lying to LEO that the dog " was attacking them". A feral dog may get aggressive but I've dog hunted for years and rounded up hundreds of deer hounds and don't believe for one second that a deer hound would do the same.
    I'm surprised a moderator hasn't given the scum some timeout yet.

shooting the dog is just plain spiteful and mean and that person should enjoy hell.
    just my opinion.

the really stupid part is that guy thinking he was "hunting a specific buck" and that those dogs would ruin it. if he didnt think that way, maybe this wouldnt have happened.

i know nothing about the law, Bog. But i do know right from wrong. I cant fathom thinking of taking that dog's life.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The unlawful killing of Annabell has caused immeasurable pain and grief for the family.

Attachment 86289

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    [/B]

My thoughts exactly. There are laws in SC that make it illegal to kill a hunting dog and remove its collar.
    And yet, several folks have posted on this thread supporting not only the commission of the crime but furthering the crime by advocating lying to LEO that the dog " was attacking them". A feral dog may get aggressive but I've dog hunted for years and rounded up hundreds of deer hounds and don't believe for one second that a deer hound would do the same.
    Serious question - So, I drive over 2 hours to get to my deer club and it's not unusual for dogs from a dog club two properties over to get in and mess up one of my morning still hunts. The intrusion of the dogs also messes up half or more of the deer on my club that I work very hard to make a comfortable place for them to live. After such intrusions, it ruins my morning and it takes a day or two for the deer to "reset" themselves. My son works shift work so he, sometimes, has to take vacation to hunt on a Saturday. He get's 15 days of vacation a year. I had to profusely apologize to my son last year on a day that I told him was a good day to hunt and it would be worth burning a vacation day, then had dogs run through everything right after daylight. I've had dogs still running on my property on Sunday afternoon and into Monday.

What do I do?

BTW - I would never shoot a dog. I couldn't even shoot the collarless feral strays that get on the property sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    [/B]

So, the dude is on here? Or are you talking about the “ones that would lie to the gw about it “?

BTW2 - I get dozens of trailcam photos every year of collared deer dogs running deer through my place. I always know when I see a deer run past one of my cameras with its mouth open that the next frame or two will be dogs. I just google-earthed it - it's 2.3 miles to the usually offending dog club.

Who took that picture? And why? Not being ugly, but I'm pretty sure I'd want that to be a private moment.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Who took that picture? And why? Not being ugly, but I'm pretty sure I'd want that to be a private moment.
    They've got a shovel and a rake with backhoe marks in the dirt...
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 09-29-2023 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    BTW2 - I get dozens of trailcam photos every year of collared deer dogs running deer through my place. I always know when I see a deer run past one of my cameras with its mouth open that the next frame or two will be dogs. I just google-earthed it - it's 2.3 miles to the usually offending dog club.
    I have the same question as you. What do I do? Ed Laney has done a great job with the shady dog clubs around my place at Oswego. That place used to be unhuntable on the weekends. Now they just shoot my turkeys out of the truck window, and he caught them doing that too.

I love the tradition of dog hunting, and I hope it can continue. However, the bad ones are going to ruin it. A property owner should be entitled to the uninterrupted enjoyment of his property.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

i still dont think dogs "ruin hunts" as much as people keep saying it does.

I am NOT saying I want dogs running thru my property but to say a hunt is ruined is a very large leap.

Just throwing that out there.
    Deer live outside all the time. They put up with lots of stuff trying to eat them. Somehow, they survive.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.