Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Man kills deer dog, shit storm on FaceBook

This caused me to go to Facebook. I don’t Facebook. It is really a special place. That fella is going to regret shooting those dogs. He will likely have his life ruined over it. If you are dumb enough to shoot the dogs, I guess you are absolutely dumb enough to go to Facebook and plaster your side of the story, so I guess that is no surprise.

Dog hunters frustrate still hunters. Still hunters look down on dog hunters. And round and round we go.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    So commit a felony, then lie about a felony?

I’m following
    I never said he was in the right or made the smartest move. Just stating what he will say, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I don't doubt he's scum.

I can just state that in Orangeburg and Calhoun Counties this has been ruled on about a dozen times in my lifetime, and the "what dogs" or "those animals charged me and nearly bit me" have won every single time and twice on Sundays.
    It’s too late for him to SSS or claim his life was in danger.

I shot a dog while deer hunting once…not because I thought the dog would ruin my hunt, but because the dog was clearly starving and would have died a miserable death otherwise. Dog was feral and pitiful. Shooting the dog did more to screw up
    any chance of me killing a deer that day than simply letting the dog stumble on past would have.

I’ve had labs, pit-bull looking mutts, complete mutts, and full blooded hounds come within bow range of me dozens of times over the years. I never considered shooting any of them that I can recall. I never looked at it as if they were ruining my hunt; anyone that’s hunted a decent amount knows that IF a dog happens to run THE deer you are targeting, the deer will be back in short order. Most of the time I’ve welcomed the freaking dogs working thru the woods, as it often led to some deer movement by my stand on what was an otherwise slow day.

If that guy shot the dog because he truly thinks they messed up his one and only chance at the deer, he doesn’t have the reasoning skills that should be required to vote.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Reminds me of my days hunting off 521 in Georgetown

Dog hunters gave no shits about hunting our land….always laughed every time someone hooked one of the tracking collars to a logging truck.

What a piece of lowlife shit! Sumter must be one fucked up place even worse than Pelion or Swansea. A lot of violence in that area.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Not sure why it is so hard for dog hunters to understand that neighboring land owners don’t want someone else’s dogs on their property. Pretty simple concept. Again proving the fact that dogs and a lot of times the dog owners don’t recognize property boundaries.
    A couple of points…

Dog hunting is legal. If a guy has 5 acres touching my 500 and I’m dog hunting my 500, do you think he should be able to shoot my dog if it briefly crosses his 5? Well, it really does not matter, because it’s a felony to do so.

I live outside of town in rural Wyoming. I do not like it when a distant neighbor’s yellow lab ends up on my 5 acres bullying my dog and pissing on everything he can point his dick at. Should I shoot the dog? I really don’t like it. But shooting that dog would make me a douchebag prick with anger management issues, so I don’t shoot it. I talked to the guy. The dog is Houdini-esque, and the owner is extremely sorry and trying to ensure it stops happening. I’m certainly not perfect, so why would I expect him to be and shoot his family pet because he occasionally irritates me?

I think we all understand folks don’t want deer dogs on their property, but we also understand that there are better ways of handling the problem than committing a felony and bowing up about the issue on Facebook.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 09-28-2023 at 05:11 PM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Whitewater- I guess there are a lot of different scenarios. The situation I’ve had to deal with over the last several years are hog doggers. The ones around me intentionally trespass knowing that their dogs don’t bark and the there is no report of a fire arm.

I can give you the first middle, and last name of a man who sued for his dog being shot within his sight as he was calling it back and after his day in court, all he had was legal bills. Catdaddy knows him as well as I am sure others do too. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I get mad as hell when a doggers hounds mess my hunt up. That said, I would NEVER shoot another man's hound. We might go fisticuffs but there will never be a gun pointed at a hound. That is about the lowest of the low...
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 09-28-2023 at 05:35 PM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Have hunters from Florida been brought up yet? Or the outlaw dog hunters down below dippity fuck? Or dogs can't read? Sumter has, so y'all finish up those before this thread ends.

Perception and reality are very different.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    I used to have deer dogs run through my hunt constantly. I thought of killing them many times but I found out taking the collar off pisses them off even more.
    Especially if you put it on a semi truck bumper at the interstate rest area.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    Strong argument one is not legally allowed to shoot a dog on their property per SC law.
    And it is a felony!

These threads suck but damn most of these posts have no logic in them.

IF THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT ABOUT CLUB PROPERTY LINE IS 4 1/2 MILES AWAY AND THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING PROBLEM WITH THIS CLUB HAVING DEER DOGS ON MANS PROPERTY THIS CLUB NEEDS TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

This post is coming from a dog hunter (owner)/ still hunter. Deer dogs on someone's property they don't have lease on is a problem period.

I say this everytime and with the technology we have now collar broke dogs aren't making it 40 yards, let alone 4.5 miles across property line if deer dog owner is responsible.

To bad these clubs with these issues can't have their land taken from them and given to other Dog clubs that take responsibility and pride in making sure they keep dogs on leased property.

I will invite anyone on this site to come visit with us if you question anything I put in this post. We run a tight ship and dogs stay on property everytime we hunt no matter the acreage

You’ve got to be a low life to kill a dog that you know is owned by or is a pet of someone regardless of the situation.

A dog doesn’t know any better, much less property lines.

Feral dogs are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    These threads suck but damn most of these posts have no logic in them.

IF THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT ABOUT CLUB PROPERTY LINE IS 4 1/2 MILES AWAY AND THIS HAS BEEN AN ONGOING PROBLEM WITH THIS CLUB HAVING DEER DOGS ON MANS PROPERTY THIS CLUB NEEDS TO GET WITH THE PROGRAM.

This post is coming from a dog hunter (owner)/ still hunter. Deer dogs on someone's property they don't have lease on is a problem period.

I say this everytime and with the technology we have now collar broke dogs aren't making it 40 yards, let alone 4.5 miles across property line if deer dog owner is responsible.

To bad these clubs with these issues can't have their land taken from them and given to other Dog clubs that take responsibility and pride in making sure they keep dogs on leased property.

I will invite anyone on this site to come visit with us if you question anything I put in this post. We run a tight ship and dogs stay on property everytime we hunt no matter the acreage
    I’d like to visit. Again. Maybe a second time just to be sure. So long as my kids can come be my witness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    That, and the keyboard warriors who posted under his. Apparently half of the dog hunters east of 95 would make Jason Bourne piss his pants after reading all the “FAFO”, “Don’t do that in a small town”, and “he’d be dead if he tried that with my dogs”.
    Correct. It'll make somebody hot enough to catch a 10 year sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    It’s too late for him to SSS or claim his life was in danger.
    Yep. Idiot for shooting the dog, Idiot for calling DNR, and Idiot for blabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I can give you the first middle, and last name of a man who sued for his dog being shot within his sight as he was calling it back and after his day in court, all he had was legal bills. Catdaddy knows him as well as I am sure others do too. MG
    Every.
    Damn.
    Time.

But that only happens in the real world.
    This is scducks. Here, deer dog owners get half a mil in restitution, your first born child, and truck if you allegedly shoot their dog on your land.

In case you haven't read....... "there's specific laws."
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

No dog hunting to speak of in my areas of hunting, but the strays and labradoodles will run thru on occasion. I always just get ready because they might just push big boy my way.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I might add. All this over a fuggin goat!
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."