Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 50% toting tamie blood

Old news.

The Mississippi flyway??? Not real sure wtf the midwestern flyways is…

I watched a guy ring the neck of a Tamie in front of multiple state and USFW biologists during a banning mission one February many moons ago …. There was an initial gasp by one gal who was a biologist, but then a chuckle amongst the crowd. Never forget that day….
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    I watched a guy ring the neck of a Tamie in front of multiple state and USFW biologists during a banning mission one February many moons ago …. There was an initial gasp by one gal who was a biologist, but then a chuckle amongst the crowd. Never forget that day….
    The flip side is that I watched a USFW biologist put a federal band on several tamies at SNWR years ago. Yep, they left the band site double banded.

tamies are banded?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    tamies are banded?
    SCWA did at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I'm just pleased that there aren't any Tamie Sprigs, Wigeon or Canvasbacks.... yet.
    Unfortunately that is not the case anymore, I was on a hunt last year and we shot a hen Pintail. Upon further inspection it was banded. I started to read the numbers and I saw a name of a Plantation that was about 5 miles as the crow flies down river of us. I immediately had my doubts. Called the number and some caretaker answered the phone. I told him that we has killed one of his ducks and asked if he could tell us anything about it. He said they had released a few this year. I was a little startled to say the least but kept asking him more questions, he told me all about how they band and clip the toes on every bird they release. I picked up the bird and rolled it over to see it only had one duclaw. Ill be damned.....he went on to tell me further they release Pintails, Blackducks, and mallards. I eventually got disgusted and hung up the phone. It is insane to me how these plantations are so hell bent on filling memberships and for their clients to kill limits they would go as far to imitate a real pintail or a blackduck to satisfy their customers. As a 99 percent of the time public land hunter who practically has slim to none of a chance to kill a real Wild mallard in the SC Lowcountry anymore like my father used to tell me stories about is sad. Sure, I kill one every once in a while but I know for certain its not the real deal with a planation that has 500-1000 of them every couple miles on the river surrounding me. Every tame bird infects more and more wild birds every year. I do not agree with it and nothing you say can make me think otherwise.

'releasing' is different than raising.

Not in Rimini, it ain't.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

releasing from a cannon net is different than raising and releasing from birth

Imagine going to the local feed store or tractor supply buying a few baby ducks and raising them to maturity and shooting them in a pen that’s the same thing as these impoundments. As Creekboy stated that pintail was released from a private plantation and traveled around. I know of two other birds killed one on private and one in the lake that was a black duck that had the same fungus and band as the other birds from that place. People that release these birds are no more than a politician trying to make money. “Oh well it’s for the kids” yea ok then how come 95% of the people I see at these impoundments are older folks that have more money than sense. The European mallards are way different than the wild North American mallard from breeding to feeding. The lamellae for instance is way different in the European mallard than the North American mallard making it harder to feed on different food sources. There are studies that even prove that. Just look at Dr. Phil Labretsky’s study. At the end of the day nothing will be done to stop it. Money beats majority in this world and these people releasing em have more of it than they know what to do with.
    Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.- Genesis 27:3

I see you are trying to get across but this was a raised bird no doubt. Had some differing characteristics to a true pintail. Not to mention it got banged up on the first pass then made a big loop and tried to land in the decoys again, it was a funny flying and more or less stupid bird. Not to mention it flew 5ft above the water for about a quarter mile into us the first time. I don’t know your hunting experience but a wild pinnie does not do any of the such listed above.

releasing from a cannon net is different than raising and releasing from birth
    is that like "rubbing is racing."
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by CreekBoy View Post
    I see you are trying to get across but this was a raised bird no doubt. Had some differing characteristics to a true pintail. Not to mention it got banged up on the first pass then made a big loop and tried to land in the decoys again, it was a funny flying and more or less stupid bird. Not to mention it flew 5ft above the water for about a quarter mile into us the first time. I don’t know your hunting experience but a wild pinnie does not do any of the such listed above.
    what state?

Quote Originally Posted by CreekBoy View Post
    Are they in your avatar ?
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

This is old news. Was published about two years ago if I remember right. Regardless, it's a sad state of affairs.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    is that like "rubbing is racing."
    Ha!

I considered looking for a Talledega nights meme and quoting that same comment but let it slide.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

what state?
    South Carolina lowcountry to be more specific.

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    Are they in your avatar ?
    Haha. Negative. No pride in shooting chickens. Me and Mldalton were lucky enough to bag quite a few genuines on public water last year.