Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 50% toting tamie blood

Default 50% toting tamie blood

They might be shocked, I am certainly not...

Turns out the tamie bred mallards don't like to migrate or incubate their eggs. Shocker since their parents were born in a barn under a heat lamp and migrated from Georgetown or Rembert all the way to Scumter in a truck...

It’s hard to believe tamies are still legal. That being said money trumps science on SC game management, so I guess not that hard to believe.
    More Ducks, Less People

I'm just pleased that there aren't any Tamie Sprigs, Wigeon or Canvasbacks.... yet.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Somebody should sue SWA and DW personally.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Someone should invest in the equipment to trap some Cans, wigeon, pintails, blacks etc and start raising them for SC corn pond release….you know, as a restoration project. Someone could clearly make millions.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    I'm just pleased that there aren't any Tamie Sprigs, Wigeon or Canvasbacks.... yet.
    Unfortunately you are incorrect. Know of blue wings, wigeon, and pintail that have been killed that are tamies. One place nearby releases them all

Shame they dont like to migrate, perhaps they could bring some of their friends back with them.

It would be interesting to go to say Arkansas, and grab a few hundred ducks and bring them back release them in the Carolinas and track them to see if they would try to make it back to the midwestern fly way or if they would take up the eastern corridor, or just adopt tamie behavior.

Dont breed them for tamies, just catch and release. With tracking gear becoming more cheap an a simple RFID chip would be possible and could be tracked with out having to harvest the animal. With several "radar" stations put up across the country it would be easy to track their decision. You could even combine it with a Jack Minor like band, so if some one harvested the bird they would know it was from the project.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Shame they dont like to migrate, perhaps they could bring some of their friends back with them.

What would that matter? The ducks would have nowhere to go when they got here. We killed all the grass because it feels "icky", remember?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

yet we keep sending our kids to camp woodie and talk about how great it is for their character development
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

There are plenty of places for them to go.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I have heard rumors of one place in the lowcountry that releases pintails. Not sure if any truth to it.

There are plenty of places for them to go.
    And yet they never come.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by LB1 View Post
    I have heard rumors of one place in the lowcountry that releases pintails. Not sure if any truth to it.
    It is, along w other puddlers

And what place do you speak of? Innuendo has no place here!

It would be interesting to go to say Arkansas, and grab a few hundred ducks and bring them back release them in the Carolinas and track them to see if they would try to make it back to the midwestern fly way or if they would take up the eastern corridor, or just adopt tamie behavior.
    https://www.wingselectfarms.com/proj...h/Sitefidelity

Plain and simple, mallards that are banded during the winter in Arkansas come back the following winter(s).
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

The bands state the name of the plantation on them, not gunna stir the pot but between Charleston and the lakes..

Quote Originally Posted by trash2 View Post
    Unfortunately you are incorrect. Know of blue wings, wigeon, and pintail that have been killed that are tamies. One place nearby releases them all
    Don’t forget to add blacks to the list

I was joking; this thread is depressing.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Great lakes mallards come here, we got lots of tamie. That math maths all day long.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft