Quote Originally Posted by CreekBoy View Post
Unfortunately that is not the case anymore, I was on a hunt last year and we shot a hen Pintail. Upon further inspection it was banded. I started to read the numbers and I saw a name of a Plantation that was about 5 miles as the crow flies down river of us. I immediately had my doubts. Called the number and some caretaker answered the phone. I told him that we has killed one of his ducks and asked if he could tell us anything about it. He said they had released a few this year. I was a little startled to say the least but kept asking him more questions, he told me all about how they band and clip the toes on every bird they release. I picked up the bird and rolled it over to see it only had one duclaw. Ill be damned.....he went on to tell me further they release Pintails, Blackducks, and mallards. I eventually got disgusted and hung up the phone. It is insane to me how these plantations are so hell bent on filling memberships and for their clients to kill limits they would go as far to imitate a real pintail or a blackduck to satisfy their customers. As a 99 percent of the time public land hunter who practically has slim to none of a chance to kill a real Wild mallard in the SC Lowcountry anymore like my father used to tell me stories about is sad. Sure, I kill one every once in a while but I know for certain its not the real deal with a planation that has 500-1000 of them every couple miles on the river surrounding me. Every tame bird infects more and more wild birds every year. I do not agree with it and nothing you say can make me think otherwise.
Reading this makes me want to puke.