Thread: 601 (bates bridge) landing litter clean up

Default 601 (bates bridge) landing litter clean up

National Public Lands Day

Saturday, September 23, 2023

9:30 AM-11:00 AM

As part of National Public Lands Day, Friends of Congaree Swamp members will meet at our Adopt-a-Waterway site, Bates Bridge landing on US 601, to collect trash at the Congaree River boat ramp, parking lot and access road. Depending on attendance, some of us may drive to Bates Old River landing, Bates Ferry trailhead, Fork Swamp trailhead and Congaree Ferries pullout to clean those sites as well. Keep the Midlands Beautiful, which sponsors Adopt-a-Waterway, will provide trash pickers, trash bags, gloves, etc. to assist with the clean-up and we will use the dumpster on site to dispose of non-recyclables. Light hiking boots, plenty of water, sun protection and a snack are recommended. Please contact John Grego (friendsofcongareeswamp@gmail.com; 803-331-3366) if interested.

(i would like to think that the "Friends of the Congaree Swamp" would love all the help they can get.)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Might want to get a hepatitis shot before you go. The one and only landing pick-up I ever went to, you could have restocked a Walgreens with all the condoms lying around.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Might want to get a hepatitis shot before you go. The one and only landing pick-up I ever went to, you could have restocked a Walgreens with all the condoms lying around.
    How romantic!
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Ralph has me terrified to pick up trash because of the fentanyl thing. And I am not getting on another one of Grego's email lists. Ever.