Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This place is...

Default This place is...

...dead. No shit talking in the middle of college football? WTF?

It’s less fun to talk shit when everyone’s team sucks
    More Ducks, Less People

not alot to be excited over yet this season
    - just about every CFB team is disappointing their fan bases this year.

I attribute it to the portal and financial influences.

GO TIGERS!

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

most of the perennial top teams are down. perfect year for Deion and his us against the world theme to at least be in the conversation. it's still that magical time of year when scducks experts wax poetically oblivious to their own bias and lack of understanding of the game. quite charming really
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

i hope oregon stomps a mudhole in colorado's ass

and I hope notre dame and osu both lose.
    and I hope clemson wins.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i hope oregon stomps a mudhole in colorado's ass

and I hope notre dame and osu both lose.
    and I hope clemson wins.
    I'm with the toofdoc. Couldn't have said it better. Lord, please forgive me.
    Carolina Counsel

it hurts sometimes.
    but in the law of probabilities, paths will cross at some point.
    its ok. dont have to go to confession or anything....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don't worry about Colorado, they have some big games on their schedule and will lose at least 3 or 4.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I don't care, still. Let's skip the light fandango, a break of seeing repetitive nerdy ass threads has been nice.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-19-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Worse are the highschool football threads.

Super creepy

I like Deion but him and his son are becoming the
    Donald Trump of college football with their mouth and everyday drama/feuds.

Marketing 101. Watching people buy into the shiny

NIL and transfer portal have ruined it for me. As a capitalist, I get it. Just isn't the same for me.
    Shoot, it has been the best time to be a Georgia fan.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post

NIL and transfer portal have ruined it for me. As a capitalist, I get it. Just isn't the same for me.
    Yep, it's all about the programs with the most money to spend now. Texas wouldn't be a pimple on the ass of the playoffs had they not bought the team they have now. Guaranteed they still find a way to screw it up. USC, the same. Then again, there's Jimbo and TA&M who bought the best players around, got huge salaries and constantly lose. It's actually gotten worse than the NFL in many respects. I still watch but most of the time, it's more background noise while I'm doing something else.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Typical southerner reaction. Everyone loved college football when everything that is happening above the table now was happening under the table. Plausible deniability kept you engaged and defending "your" team because they would never do such things, it was always those other guys.

Same with social politics. We long for the "good old days" when all the same immoral stuff brought to the forefront now was happening behind closed doors. Nothing has changed in either case other than it is now happening in the light of day.

If you were a fan then but not now it's not because they're doing anything different. It's because you don't like the thing you knew was happening then being done openly. Same corruption. Just different marketing.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-19-2023 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Typical southerner reaction. Everyone loved college football when everything that is happening above the table now was happening under the table. Plausible deniability kept you engaged and defending "your" team because they would never do such things, it was always those other guys.

Same with social politics. We long for the "good old days" when all the same immoral stuff brought to the forefront now was happening behind closed doors. Nothing has changed in either case other than it is now happening in the light of day.

If you were a fan then but not now it's not because they're doing anything different. It's because you don't like the thing you knew was happening then being done openly. Same corruption. Just different marketing.
    Overt cheating is different than under the table cheating. All about the risk reward, now it's all reward, reward unless you're Jimbo and A&M.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I like Deion but him and his son are becoming the
    Donald Trump of college football with their mouth and everyday drama/feuds.
    Damn. I actually agree with something you said in the sports forum. Bizarro world. Shudder bothers me more than Deion, kid needs to STFU and play football. They should expect more of the dirty shots that CSU took at them if they're going to continue bumping their gums incessantly......

:nuclearbombthingie:
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 09-19-2023 at 09:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Overt cheating is different than under the table cheating. All about the risk reward, now it's all reward, reward unless you're Jimbo and A&M.
    As a Southern Baptist, I will still speak to you in the likker sto. Always have, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post

Shoot, it has been the best time to be a Georgia fan.
    I think you speak for a lot of us

Heck you can not even count a player finishing out the season much less a career at the school you support

I tried to say this in a different thread. You are clearly more eloquent than me haha.

As a Southern Baptist, I will still speak to you in the likker sto. Always have, always will.
    Auburn fans are just mad that they ran off that booster (can't remember his name) that was really good at cheating before it wasn't cheating.

On the plus side, I sure am getting a lot done around the house these days.