Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pathfinder 17t thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    personally i think flats boats w poling platforms are more for style points than utility around here.
    My dad calls it the sandwich station on the Stealth. It does serve as a functional beverage holder and a place for rod holders.

You can pole a Stealth, but you need wheaties and 20 inches of water.

I had a Pathfinder 1900 for close to 10 years. It was a great boat. Only issue I had with it that sometime Winyah Bay would kick up and I couldn't reach from wave to wave.

Some of yall need to find better fishing partners. All this "you need 22' to fish more than 2 people" is crazy to me. I had a East Cape Vantage that was 19' I regularly had 3 people on there fishing and there was plenty of room with none of us in the way. We also all know how to cast correctly so that might make it harder for some of yall.

I fish 3&4 pretty regularly on a Key West 1720 and we have minimal issues other than rod storage... IMO it is one of the best 17' on the market. Handles chop well, heavy enough for a decently smooth ride. You will get wet, yes I know, buy you will on any 17. It also floats on 8" of water with the motor raised. I've pushed it out by hand in many places I should not have been in it.

I've had the boat at the Charleston 60, in the flats, Shrimping, I've gator hunted out of it, and it bass fishes pretty good on the lake. It also cruise's with the wife and kid very well.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    personally i think flats boats w poling platforms are more for style points than utility around here.
    Spot on
    There is no shallow water fishery in coastal SC. Anyone trying is just wasting time

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Spot on
    There is no shallow water fishery in coastal SC. Anyone trying is just wasting time
    Total waste of time. I hear you!
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Some of yall need to find better fishing partners. All this "you need 22' to fish more than 2 people" is crazy to me. I had a East Cape Vantage that was 19' I regularly had 3 people on there fishing and there was plenty of room with none of us in the way. We also all know how to cast correctly so that might make it harder for some of yall.
    actually some of these boats are only coast guard rated for 3 people which isn't family friendly. if I only fished w "experts" like yourself I'd miss out on some good times w people I like. then again I've always disliked when hunting and fishing becomes a sports contest or dick wagging event. I left the sports competition behind after college. If fishing and hunting are a competitive thing then you're missing the point.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

i just want the salon to have a working AC. how fucking hard is that?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Who follows a coast guard rating sticker? I buffed mine off years ago. Now don’t load your boat down like a Cuban refugee raft and have the proper safety equipment and you’ll have no problems.

If a 15ft Jon boat is rated for 4 people then I’m not sure what the worry is.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Ended up going a completely different route and found a 15ft Boston Whaler Striper instead. Used it in the marsh on Sunday and it handled great and went way back in a creek at mid to high tide. Will get to test it out more soon but pretty happy with it. Much better for my wife and I and our dogs but still small enough to easily pull with my SUV. thanks for all the tips.