Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Updated Tourniquet Study - CoTCCC 2018/2019

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    'Down in the Holler', SC
    Posts
    14,680

    Default Updated Tourniquet Study - CoTCCC 2018/2019

    Came across this ‘updated’ study that lists the top ten recommended tourniquets (out of 1627 on the market). Thought some of you may like to review it if there’s interest in including one in your hunting/fishing/hiking/bug-out pack(s).

    (Scroll down a page to see the article…)

    https://wms.org/magazine/magazine/12...t/Default.aspx
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-09-2023 at 05:02 PM.
    .
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    .
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

    "If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Camden SC
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    One of my favorite tools is a Stihl weed eater with a circular saw blade installed. It makes a fantastic brush cutter. I hate to imagine a slip up and being cut by that thing.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    20,847

    Default

    Each of our deputies is issued a CAT-9. Some carry more than one. They are decent, but the windlass can and will break if over tightened. The ones we use as trainers for our deputies fail after a while... but.... they are NOT intended to be used repeatedly. Duh. I have no problem with the CAT series, and we've had to use them several times (usually on traffic accident victims).

    That being said, my personal carry one is a SOFT-T or SOFT-T Wide, as it can be folded flat and fit in a pocket. There are YouTube videos on how best to do this.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Moncks Corner
    Posts
    15,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    One of my favorite tools is a Stihl weed eater with a circular saw blade installed. It makes a fantastic brush cutter. I hate to imagine a slip up and being cut by that thing.
    Dad's got two of those rigged up. He's got a seat-belt strap installed that goes across your back that makes it almost impossible to get to the blade even if you try. They still scare me.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9



    Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    'Down in the Holler', SC
    Posts
    14,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Each of our deputies is issued a CAT-9. Some carry more than one. They are decent, but the windlass can and will break if over tightened. The ones we use as trainers for our deputies fail after a while... but.... they are NOT intended to be used repeatedly. Duh. I have no problem with the CAT series, and we've had to use them several times (usually on traffic accident victims).

    That being said, my personal carry one is a SOFT-T or SOFT-T Wide, as it can be folded flat and fit in a pocket. There are YouTube videos on how best to do this.
    Great info. Thanks, Swamp Rat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Dad's got two of those rigged up. He's got a seat-belt strap installed that goes across your back that makes it almost impossible to get to the blade even if you try. They still scare me.
    I had an Echo straight shaft trimmer rigged up the same way for years, including the strap. They are handy, but definitely not good for someone with a short attention span.

    As soon as I get it running again I've got plenty of saplings that need cutting down that are too large for the bush hog and too low for my taste with a chain saw.
    .
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    .
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

    "If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •