Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Liberty Safe backdoor code

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Can you change the combo on a safe?
    Yes it can be changed. I was going to change mine but rooster didn’t recommend that I change mine. For the fact that once changed he would never have access to recover my combination again. For him to get the code he needs owner of safe to contact him with all the information that he needs to prove that I am the owner. Then he has to go through his steps to receive the original combo. Very pleased with the service from rooster and his team at triangle lock and key on delivery to the issue I had with the combination lock to start with. Was bad from the factory and didn’t have a clip in the right place allowing my combination to drift a couple of numbers. Thanks rooster

I can't ever remember if it's right left right or left right left.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Think about that.
    If I bought a safe and sold it on facebook marketplace, the combination is changed. So there is a "back door" no matter what?

We sell and recommend Browning and mostly order mechanical locks. Interestly, Bearclaw bought a safe from me that caused a little problem. The spline key on the drive cam was barely loose but would cause it to dial a number or so off, but I was able to repair that easily and has been troublefree since.

Backdoor codes should not scare any of you because they are so hard to get. If the FBI or whoever gets a search warrant for your house, your safe is being opened somehow by someone. I would rather my safe not be damaged by being drilled or cut open by an incompetent person. I would give them the combination so my family may be able to continue using it.

Digital or mechanical combinations can be changed, and the locks on a safe can be changed out for either one also. A 3 wheel mechanical lock that is most common generally dials 4xL, 3XR, 2XL, and right to stopping point.

I think I am going to sponsor as I have known a good many people on here as customers and friends for a long time.
    I only hunt on days that end in "y"!

Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Have rooster come out and install a good mechanical S&G lock

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Let's see what Sean Hannity has to say about it.
    He's a spokesman for Liberty.

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...dDAdbx72w&s=19

Liberty's response was a pretty good admission of fault and showed contrition. They have said it they will require a specific court order from now on, not just a search warrant issued to someone else. I took them off my boycott list.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 09-09-2023 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Liberty's response was a pretty good admission of fault and showed contrition. They have said it they will require a specific court order from now on, not just a search warrant issues to someone else. I took them off my boycott list.
    I feel the same way. Liberty Safes ain't the problem...a government treading on liberties is the problem.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

If someone has the inclination and time they’re gonna get in. George W made the lack of due process response to Jan 6 possible

I learned today that I can get into "most" dial digital keypad safes in about three minutes with a mere $65 & three wire nuts...

Knowing that now, I'll NEVER buy another digital safe.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

I got a big liberty, maybe 50 or 60 gun, that I need to get rid of. Mechanical lock has some corrosion on the turn handle thing