Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Opening day.. how'd y'all do?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Attachment 85753

Attachment 85754

I'm beginning to patty burgers for our opener, watching birds and enjoying the peaceful river until it's loaded with guys with hooked hulls and radios in jonboats blaring s*** Country or rap.
    Looks nice. But do you have any Blantons?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Glad the dog didn’t get bit. My coworker wasn’t so lucky yesterday. As he was reaching down for a bird he said his had was knocked back to his body. Then he saw the rattlesnake. It ended up being a 5’ canebrake with 9 rattles. Got to spend the night at the hospital. As of this morning he felt like he would get released sometime today.
    Was this in Gaston? Glad he’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    Just a question. Dad is holding the gun right handed 27 years ago but holding a left handed gun today?

Very observant!

He is right hand dominant and left eye dominant. Shot right handed for years before really realizing it.
    He bought a left handed gun some years to hopefully make learning to shoot left handed a little easier. Hadn’t worked all that well for him honestly. He’ll start off the afternoon shooting left handed and then an hour later he’ll be shooting right handed without his glasses on.

I also was “shooting” right handed in the original picture, I now shoot left handed but still use a right handed gun
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckdown View Post
    Was this in Gaston? Glad he’s ok.

They have a field somewhere off Bluff rd. He texted me back just a little ago saying he’d be staying over night again. Said his hand is still on fire. Hopefully he’ll get to come home in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Very observant!

He is right hand dominant and left eye dominant. Shot right handed for years before really realizing it.
    He bought a left handed gun some years to hopefully make learning to shoot left handed a little easier. Hadn’t worked all that well for him honestly. He’ll start off the afternoon shooting left handed and then an hour later he’ll be shooting right handed without his glasses on.

I also was “shooting” right handed in the original picture, I now shoot left handed but still use a right handed gun
    Making the switch is a total commitment.
    You can't go into it half ass.
    Being left eye dominant and being raised to shoot righty, I made them switch about five years ago since I was coaching kids for clay target shooting.
    I've been 99% lefty ever since but every once in a while shoot a few birds righty.
    Last year in Canada, I had to shoot righty.... Today, I shot my last four birds righty because I was shooting poorly lefty.
    It's pretty cool at 52 yo being able to switch shoot....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Wazzup Ralph..... Hope y'all burnt them down!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    They have a field somewhere off Bluff rd. He texted me back just a little ago saying he’d be staying over night again. Said his hand is still on fire. Hopefully he’ll get to come home in the morning.
    Jacob shoots with us. He is very lucky, it could have been worse.

71538741088__7CD4C587-D71A-4DAF-AA1F-886803C6E38F.jpgIMG_5896.jpg

Probably a snake some sanctimonious nature boy let go

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Very observant!

Take a stick of chapstick, put a smear on the left eye side of his glasses. No bigger than a 1/4” right over his pupil when he has the gun mounted. Put a smear just enough to occlude the dominance of his left eye, but at the same time will not eliminate his depth perception. He’ll be a brand new man.

I’m too set in my ways to make a switch to lefty. When I shoot competition, I still have a small sliver of tape just barely occluding my left eye to switch dominance to my right eye but not lose depth perception. When hunting I don’t wear glasses, just squint my left eye enough to blur it right before the shot. It works.

Heck of a rock and hope he gonna be good to go!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Hope that guy is gonna be ok, damn. 5/50? Yikes. Isn't funny or cool. Practice or some shot choices, or both.
    Gulf

^^^ the answer to Jimmy's problem is more corn and ground swatting.

That's how we been doing it for years. Gotta adapt or go hungry.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 09-04-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfstream View Post
    5/50? Yikes. Isn't funny or cool. Practice or some shot choices, or both.
    I shot slightly better than Jimmy, but not by much. I’ve never been a great shot on dove, and I had an off day. I still had fun … it’s a dove, it’s not that big of a deal if someone doesn’t shoot well.

No ground swatting on a public field!

I was happy to have an opportunity to shoot so many shells and I had a great time doing it. Dove opener is to have fun and I surely did.

My prior 3 seasons in SC I shot maybe 10 times. Fields were a total bust.

Next year if I find a field as loaded as this one was, I'll shoot clays beforehand.

Yall keep the circle jerk going of poking fun at my wing shooting. I'm gonna go scout a few deer spots, check a camera, and shoot some arrows in this awful heat. 11 more days until a doe gets an arrow.

Shot a limit on Saturday and a preset 12 limit on Sunday. My 10 year old killed his first. A couple off the line and a couple in flight. Great weekend.
    IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0811.jpg
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Dmatheny - great photos!! Props for getting your Son off to a great start. He will remember those days for the rest of his life.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Way to get them started! Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Anybody dead yet from all the chemicals?

Chemical induced birds were easy targets…….

Don’t be starting shit again giiirrrrllllffrrriiiieeennd

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Colt & I brought home 6 a piece, today. They just weren't moving like Saturday; he did have an ant pile claim 1, and lost another. And, a large field with fewer people didn't help matters any...

I'm happy to say that I killed more than I missed; he, on the other hand, can't truthfully say the same.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 09-04-2023 at 07:38 PM.