Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Inexpensive/quality offshore hulls

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Lol. Yeah, I see a DNR crew around Ravenel all the time pulling a green boat that looks like it ought to be upside down and covered in moss in an oysterman's back yard. Must be one tough ass boat...
    Does it have a trawl post on the stern? If so that's the old Winyah Boats Bateau, the floor has been redone on that thing twice since I've been here. Good hull though, I still see a few of those around, usually a shad fisherman or crabber. Spent my first couple years working out of that one...

That's the one. I didn't realize it was a Winyah.

Yep...I'm not certain, but I believe that boat is from the late 80's.

you're just being demeaning to shad fishermen!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Don't go putting words in my mouth...that said, I was quite happy when I quit having to pull shad nets 20 years ago...

Spent a good amount of time on JB Cape Fisherman it's solid hull and ride. I really like them along with a few others in that category. The only thing I've not experienced on it is a really heavy following sea so I can't really offer much there. I'm curious if they'd work with y'all.

FB Charleston…dusky with twin hpdi s listed

Looks like McKee is sort of back up an running again with smaller models. Don't know if they would pull out a big mold and make one for you or not anytime soon, but they might.

"In 2009 McKee Craft production was paused, and now in 2022 the company has resumed building boats once again. From the 14 foot to the 28 foot, the molds are being cleaned, waxed, and starting to produce the unsinkable McKee Craft boats once again. Contact us for more info."

https://mckeecraftboats.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Looks like McKee is sort of back up an running again with smaller models. Don't know if they would pull out a big mold and make one for you or not anytime soon, but they might.

"In 2009 McKee Craft production was paused, and now in 2022 the company has resumed building boats once again. From the 14 foot to the 28 foot, the molds are being cleaned, waxed, and starting to produce the unsinkable McKee Craft boats once again. Contact us for more info."

https://mckeecraftboats.com/
    I talked to the brother a couple years ago and he said they were planning on producing boats again, but hadn't heard anything since. Good to hear!
    Last edited by duckcrazed; 09-27-2023 at 10:12 PM.

I don't know much about which boats are supposed to be the best but since I saw Mako mentioned a few times, a buddy of mine has mentioned selling his and he usually lets his stuff go at a bargain. It's definitely not a new boat but he put a good a lot of money in it after he bought it a few years ago. Think it has twin 250 Suzuki's on it.