Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showing my Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

I love the honesty.

In the homemade front. Vanilla with peaches. NOT peach. Vanilla WITH peaches.

And not those bland nasty sand peaches. I’m talking upstate/foothills peaches.
    Blasphemy

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Glenn knows what's up
    Dude, Glenn is from ALABAMA, I can sorta understand him not knowing where good peaches are grown, but you don't have a valid excuse....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

We had to hand crank the cream separator , after the cows were milked . Then we'd hand cranked the ice cream maker. Good old days.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Our family favorite was banana, made with very over ripe bananas. The bananas have to be so ripe they barely hold their shape. I made it recently and it was a big hit with a much younger generation of family members. No hand cranking though. I have a Cuisinart churn that doesn't even need ice or salt. There's no way ice cream can taste as good as when you have to take turns churning it manually but nobody has time for that nowadays. We've gotten soft, like over ripe bananas.

True words there !
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

peach. at the beach. handcranked.

I remember one time peaking in there to see how churned it was and got lots of salt water intrusion. nothing sucks worse than handcranking for hours, getting salt in it, and still trying to eat it bc it took so damn long to get there....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.