Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parents, Read your Children's Assignments

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    No recess is pretty standard for middle school. We hung out in the courtyard after drop off until home room started, but that was it.
    I did not have recess in middle school. We had the same schedule as the high schoolers. 10 minute break after second period and lunch that was it. That I can remember at least. We did have Pe. We also were able to fill the time after eating with playing in the gym, doing whatever kids do.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-25-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    No recess is pretty standard for middle school. We hung out in the courtyard after drop off until home room started, but that was it.
    I had a recess every grade of my life and had PE every day. I’d have blown a freaking gasket had I not had PE and some time outside to get some fresh air and expend some energy. If the kids are going to have 30 minutes of free time, why not have a choice to have it outside in the sunshine kicking a soccer ball, throwing a football, or playing handball vs sitting inside watching tic-tic on a mobile phone. WTF happened to common sense. It might be standard now-days, but the principle is going to get sick of hearing me tell him what a stupid f’ing idea/practice it is and asking him when he’s going to grow a pair big enough to allow him to make a good decision.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

I didn't have recess per se, just lunch.
    But we had the option to eat in the cafeteria then go outside after we ate, eat from the canteen in the courtyard or hang out behind the gym and smoke weed. We had options. Life was good back in the day.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 08-25-2023 at 07:10 PM.

We had recess time after lunch until high school. After that we just ate lunch and then went to the locker room to get a dip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had little supervision in junior high but no one wanted the paddling for shenanigans that would surely follow any.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    No wonder private schools are thriving.
    And homeschooling is on the rise.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If you're not Homeschooling/private schooling yet, your kids will likely be unrecognizable to you as adults. You might like to think that the few hours (minutes) a day you spend with them will counteract hours/years spent in an institution that doesn't even bother hiding their intentions, but you're fooling yourself. The end result will be adults that refuse to let you see your grandkids unless you get vaxxed, stop communicating because you didn't blackout your profile for George Floyd, or preach the virtues of veganism. Opt out.
    Last edited by everlast; 08-26-2023 at 10:21 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    If you're not Homeschooling/private schooling yet, your kids will likely be unrecognizable to you as adults. You might like to think that the few hours a day you spend with them (more like minutes) will counteract hours/years with an institution that doesn't even bother hiding their intentions, but you're fooling yourself. Your adult children wil be the tools that refuse to let you see your grandkids because your not vaxxed, stop communicating because you didn't blackout your profile for George Floyd, or preach the virtues of veganism. Opt out.
    While I don't agree with everything you've said. I have friends that I considered good Ol country boys have had children go off to college and come back flaming liberals. It does seem that most all of them get post graduate degrees.

I have noticed that every year they get more and more liberal. It's been a generational shift in values. The elimination of vocational classes, the push for every child to go to college and disparaging views of blue collar jobs has worked. It's produced a group that beleive MSM 100%. I often wonder what their kids will be like.
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 08-26-2023 at 10:13 AM.

My kids hate democrats

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    My kids hate democrats
    your a great Dad and role model
    we got any doves yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    My kids hate democrats
    Quote of the year...

If you're not Homeschooling/private schooling yet, your kids will likely be unrecognizable to you as adults. You might like to think that the few hours (minutes) a day you spend with them will counteract hours/years spent in an institution that doesn't even bother hiding their intentions, but you're fooling yourself. The end result will be adults that refuse to let you see your grandkids unless you get vaxxed, stop communicating because you didn't blackout your profile for George Floyd, or preach the virtues of veganism. Opt out.
    Bullfuck. Spend quality time with your kids, and more times than not, they’ll respect what you say way more than what some dipshit teacher tells them. Do a good enough job if it and they’ll call the teachers out on the BS they’re spewing. The problem is, most parents expect their kids to get all the education they need from their school.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Bullfuck. Spend quality time with your kids, and more times than not, they’ll respect what you say way more than what some dipshit teacher tells them. Do a good enough job if it and they’ll call the teachers out on the BS they’re spewing. The problem is, most parents expect their kids to get all the education they need from their school.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Horse shit. Our kids turned out fine as well their kids

How you children turn out in life is up to YOU as a parent

Sounds like your wife typed that response....

i can't help but wonder how many people have seen this post since its a week old, but only feel emboldened to comment once they see others. Typical sheepery.

However, my post was written when I was grumpy (overnight system cutover) and is a bit dramatic and pessimistic. It's a risk for sure, but no doubt attentive parents with a strong ethos can combat.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Horse shit. Our kids turned out fine as well their kids

How you children turn out in life is up to YOU as a parent
    More road apples. How my kids turn out is up to THEM as individuals.

It's probably pretty rare, but my son went to UGA for four years and came out more conservative than when he went in.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Their adult personalities may be predestined but not by the school system. We are all products of our environment to some extent but seen low life families produce first class citizens and wealth families produce dredges of society.If you got three kids you got at least a 33% change of one turning out a heathen. Do your best to teach right and wrong and dont worry about left and right, it will work itself out.

^^^ Truth. My parents had three boys.

I'm a heathen by all accounts.