Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents, Read your Children's Assignments

Default Parents, Read your Children's Assignments

First year in middle school and we have a reading assignment on an article from 2016.

https://incitytimesworcester.org/are...aters-selfish/

I kinda lost my shit, a little.

It looks like it's curriculum, according to the source line at the bottom of the page that my daughter had to read and report on.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

If we are I don’t give a damn about it !
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I remember vividly the times my mom went to bat for me against the system in middle/early high school and those stuck with me and shaped me as a person.

It's not the cow, it's the how
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I hope they understand that if you go completely vegan, you have to take vitamin supplements to get required iron and B12. Without this, you'll become anemic. You are not meant to sell to eat plants.

Any furries in this year's class, BB?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

What a garbage, un-scientific article. So eating a cow is bad because they fart but destroying a perfectly functional ecosystem, home to dozens of species of animals, and probably sequesters a lot of carbon, so it can be replaced with a heavily pesticide sprayed monoculture of soy, and is otherwise an ecological desert, for their "beyond meat" trash is better? Lol, ok vegan.

These people's brains are just not firing on all cylinders as a result of the lack of a proper human diet, which consists of animal flesh.

One day this kind of garbage will even infiltrate home school curriculums as states try to get more and more involved in what is required per the state in a qualified home school curriculum. My wife and I have already discussed that we'd teach the material as it's presented but be sure to teach our daughters how to think instead of what to think, and that we know it's total nonsense. So they'll be able to pass tests, if required, but just by giving the answer they know they have to give and understanding it's BS.

I would gut that article.

I would use a medical article to start.

Something like this -> https://www.saintlukeskc.org/about/n...#39;s%20health.

Next, I’d get biblical, and finally, a brief discussion about the darkness and emotion of leftist thinking.

Not to worry, 2th will be here soon to tell you about the wonders of a plant based diet

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Not to worry, 2th will be here soon to tell you about the wonders of a plant based diet
    It’s Friday,

You’ll have to wait until Monday
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

There's no debate on how absurd the notion of veganism is.

Where my rub is, is that the article in it's glaring attempt to mislead readers with "statistics" and those readers are 11 year olds. It's indoctrination. A lesson on that subject matter that is not a debate on opposing views, is a soft attempt see what else can be pushed.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Completely agree. But it’s also an opportunity to dissect that idiotic opinion piece.

Any one on here tasted any of that fake meat they are selling?

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Any one on here tasted any of that fake meat they are selling?
    No. But it's fully stocked on the shelves. I've never seen an empty space.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    No. But it's fully stocked on the shelves. I've never seen an empty space.
    It certainly doesn't look appealing to me. Doesn't even look as good as potted meat which is swill.

Think Soylent Green.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    It's indoctrination.
    DING,DING,DING... That's exactly what it is. My nephew lost his shit last week about his 4th graders reading assignment that included two dads. Then a kid at church last week asked his SS teacher to help him as he is in 6th grade because his teacher asked the class who believed in God & when they raised their hands, he told them, "well there's no such thing".

This is in Florence SC. The war is on but most don't even notice.

I agree with fish on this one!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    This is in Florence SC. The war is on but most don't even notice.
    thats because the noise volume has been intentionally turned up so loud, you cant hear anything at all.

the distractions that people are falling for are working

no focus except on the instant gratifications of shit that doesnt matter

we are all guilty

congrats
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I've tried to warn you all. It was only a matter of time. I'll give BB credit for doing what he can to observe and counter, but make no mistake every day all all around the kids is nonsense like this, and the world will end in 10-12 years, and the only way to save it is to not have kids, eat bugs, live in 15 min cities, and mutilate your bodies. While you're at it, its ok to rape babies.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot