Thread: Atlantic Flyway Duck Harvest vs. Season days and limits...

Default Atlantic Flyway Duck Harvest vs. Season days and limits...

I've volunteered to have a fish fry for my pregnant kid so I will be AFK for most of the day but I thought I'd throw this out for consideration.

So, the overall graph (fuzzy curve, black dots and open squares) is from the USFWS's Migratory Bird Hunting Activity and Harvest during the 2021–22 and 2022–23 Hunting Seasons.

Available here: https://www.fws.gov/sites/default/fi...22-to-2023.pdf on page 34. It shows the annual duck harvest for the Atlantic Flyway in thousands of ducks for the period 1961 through the 2022 season.

The blue overlay is the part that might confuse folks, but it's what I call the season opportunity. It's the overall duck bag for that season as allowed by the USFWS multiplied by the number of days the USFWS allowed in the framework for the Atlantic Flyway. So, basically it is the number of regular season ducks that the USFWS would allow a hunter to legally kill in that flyway. Basically the number of ducks a hunter would take in a season if he killed a limit and hunted every day of the season.

This graph is telling us a lot. I'm not sure the right people are listening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

See the “Duck Counts” thread if you want to know what’s driving season days/limits. $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Could you do a graph showing what it looks like if 200000 licenses were sold and everybody was killing 8 per day with a 60 day season?

Keep in mind the total population was 32,300,000.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-20-2023 at 11:01 AM.

More duck ponds being built every day chasing those “corporate members” paying 30k to hunt two days a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waterfowl hunting is a money and fame game these days. All about the dollars and Instagram likes. Sad what’s it’s become.
    More Ducks, Less People

Rubberhead
    That graph is strong. We need cuts on limits and seasons. But it will not happen $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Waterfowl guides are modern day punt gunning market hunting pimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Yep
    80-20 Genaration

We have only been saying it for a quarter century on this site. Once they "legitimized" tamies by using them to illegally lure in frigging ringnecks of all ducks, it was a lost cause. Gotta get that 20 man limit!...

dont go hating on a ringneck. its not their fault.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yeah, JAB. That's basically racism.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Truth!

You know what blows my mind?

These current "waterfowl hunting influencers."

Outdoor Limits, Duck Gun Chronicles, Mid Valley Mercenaries, Bobby Guy, etc....

You've got a 24 year old novice openly learning how to duck hunt, filming all of his hunts year one.
    Sky busting, exposing areas, unable to identify ducks on the wing, etc.

Year 2, He's sponsored by OnX, Boss shells, Drake, Mojo, etc.

Still sky busting, shooting over each other's heads, exposing areas, etc.

Year 3, He's a "guide" with his own merchandise, giving out advice to the masses of new hunters, while still skybusting, shooting over his buddies head, and exposing areas, all while self training his whining ass half breed "lab" with wonky ears and a white patch on his chest the size of a slice of pizza.

Year 4, he's tripled his sponsors, has his own podcast, and is training dogs for people all over the country.

Year 5 , he buys an old towne kayak and calls it the "quack yak" while doing tutorials on how to paddle a one man boat.

Year 6, he's sponsored by mudbuddy and excel boats, but still sky busts and shoots over his friends head, calls gadwalls the dumbest ducks around, podcasts about the overcrowding of public areas, and calls his 33 year old friend an old timer.

It's madness
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Year 6, he's sponsored by mudbuddy and excel boats, but still sky busts and shoots over his friends head, calls gadwalls the dumbest ducks around
    See now there is a mofo that never met a ringneck...

They're smarter than scaup lol.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Perhaps, but the Bonus Scaup is in the hall of fame for coolest duck...

You've got a 24 year old novice openly learning how to duck hunt, filming all of his hunts year one.

Year 3, He's a "guide" with his own merchandise, giving out advice to the masses of new hunters, while still skybusting, shooting over his buddies head, and exposing areas, all while self training his whining ass half breed "lab" with wonky ears and a white patch on his chest the size of a slice of pizza.

Year 4, he's tripled his sponsors, has his own podcast, and is training dogs for people all over the country.

Year 5 , he buys an old towne kayak and calls it the "quack yak" while doing tutorials on how to paddle a one man boat.

Year 6, he's sponsored by mudbuddy and excel boats, but still sky busts and shoots over his friends head, calls gadwalls the dumbest ducks around, podcasts about the overcrowding of public areas, and calls his 33 year old friend an old timer.

It's madness
    Well said and pretty funny. These YouTubers are the worst but I don't blame them as much as I blame the people who worship them all over social media. Following, liking, commenting how awesome they are. The hunters are fueling this garbage. If we'd (not me) stop engaging with that garbage content, they'd have to go get real jobs.

The same people complaining about overcrowding have no problem buying some of Bobby Guy's stupid "DUX" apparel or buying gear from the companies who sponsor him. All of it is money driven and cutting out the fundraising is the only way to reverse this trend.

It's madness
    World was a little better before I just read that. Wow