Thread: Atlantic Flyway Duck Harvest vs. Season days and limits...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Atlantic Flyway Duck Harvest vs. Season days and limits...

I've volunteered to have a fish fry for my pregnant kid so I will be AFK for most of the day but I thought I'd throw this out for consideration.

So, the overall graph (fuzzy curve, black dots and open squares) is from the USFWS's Migratory Bird Hunting Activity and Harvest during the 2021–22 and 2022–23 Hunting Seasons.

Available here: https://www.fws.gov/sites/default/fi...22-to-2023.pdf on page 34. It shows the annual duck harvest for the Atlantic Flyway in thousands of ducks for the period 1961 through the 2022 season.

The blue overlay is the part that might confuse folks, but it's what I call the season opportunity. It's the overall duck bag for that season as allowed by the USFWS multiplied by the number of days the USFWS allowed in the framework for the Atlantic Flyway. So, basically it is the number of regular season ducks that the USFWS would allow a hunter to legally kill in that flyway. Basically the number of ducks a hunter would take in a season if he killed a limit and hunted every day of the season.

This graph is telling us a lot. I'm not sure the right people are listening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.