Thread: Duck Counts

Default Duck Counts

Let's try this again.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-18-2023 at 06:46 PM.

Hope the breeding pairs got it done this summer and were successful more than once!
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Yet here we are, still in 6/60 framework

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

When you go to these expos and see what big business waterfowl hunting has become, you see the season framework. It will continue until the populations are devastated.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    When you go to these expos and see what big business waterfowl hunting has become, you see the season framework. It will continue until the populations are devastated.
    Been saying this for quite some time. When you get right down to brass tacks, the framework has very little to do with duck numbers. Follow. The. Money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Been saying this for quite some time. When you get right down to brass tacks, the framework has very little to do with duck numbers. Follow. The. Money.

Exactly. The sooner we stop giving our money to these corporations that pretend to have the ducks best interest in mind, the better.

I would randomly check on the status of the breeding grounds through the spring/ summer. Seems like the prime territories, especially the ones vital to the Atlantic Flyway, were pretty wet.

These counts come off as kind of silly cause I know it's just an educated guess based on data from samples, but all in all, I imagine there will enough ducks to go around. Unfortunately most them won't be migrating to good ole SC. Cept for wood ducks of course.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 08-20-2023 at 09:52 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Ducks needs more man made corn ponds and people baiting and killing them in every farm pond and swamp that doesn’t have any natural food or habitats.
    Windows Down!

Do the woodducks even come here anymore?

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Red snapper are endangered too.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

every single one of your dive bomb, banded, avery, sitka, higdon, Drake, mudbuddy, prodrive, excel boats, Dr Duck, DU TV, Hunt 41, etc ad nausea profits from waterfowl.

Big money that can’t survive without the notion that duck hunting is about stacking 10 man limits every hunt.

Believing that DU has a effin clue how many breeding ducks there are in the country, and then believing that have waterfowl conservation’s best interest in 2023…….lol, damn.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Maybe they could hire you as a consultant. You seem to know more than everyone, about everything.

Shoot. All this time I thought it was food, water, and disturbance.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    Maybe they could hire you as a consultant. You seem to know more than everyone, about everything.
    No doubt. It's nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggin View Post
    It’s a burden, in a duck world full of simpletons.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.