Thread: Roku/fire stick/ YouTube TV?

Default Roku/fire stick/ YouTube TV?

I got one smart tv and 2 that aren't.

What do I need to do to get youtube on all 3?

Do I need a fire stick or Roku any how many?

I'm assuming you sign up with YT and then after getting user name and password,....you sign up on each tv?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I use it directly on my tv with app but I also have a Roku and I love it.

Yeah sign up YouTube tv then you add the app to Roku and login

I had nothing but trouble with the (2) fire sticks I had. We currently have 4 Rokus. You need one for every dumb tv you have. Once you're signed up for YT, you download the app on the other TV's and sign in.

FYI, do not purchase any packages through Roku...YT. Disney.... We've caught heck getting app problems fixed through them

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    I had nothing but trouble with the (2) fire sticks I had. We currently have 4 Rokus. You need one for every dumb tv you have. Once you're signed up for YT, you download the app on the other TV's and sign in.

FYI, do not purchase any packages through Roku...YT. Disney.... We've caught heck getting app problems fixed through them
    So purchase direct from YT tv?

Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-12-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Go to walmart and get you 2 roku devices if your tv has a HDMI port
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

We have had good luck with the firesticks. Install the YT app on the smart tv, and on the firesticks. Sign up for YT directly on YT site, and will help with installation and set up, login on the apps.
    Gulf

Firestick. you can get anything on YouTube with the app. Youtube TV is something different... We have Sling and got it for Fox new mainly. It runs about $40 a month...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Fire sticks are trash. Slow as Christmas. Roku or Apple TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    So purchase direct from YT tv?

I'm not sure about YT but we purchased others through the Roku. What I mean is, we set up the Roku then added the app and purchased our package on the TV. For some of those, the purchase is through Roku and not the app company, so all issues go through Roku and it's a pain. I recommend going online (cpu) to YT, Hulu...and purchase there just to be safe. All my Firesticks were slow and continually lost connection. Roku in the same place, zero issues. Make sure you buy the one with sound adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post

This post will get you straight

ETA: if you have multiple residences, or travel, you can log into your YouTube TV anywhere.
    Last edited by trkykilr; 08-12-2023 at 04:11 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Thanks guys. I will be getting it in a few days.

Write down that password on the fridge or something. I can't tell you how many times we've forgotten/lost that SOB.

Roku.

I have roku sticks in all of our TV's. They're faster than the processor in most TV's unless you have a really expensive one. I have YT TV as well and wouldn't change it.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.