Thread: Neat Trick for Coolers

Default Neat Trick for Coolers

Good info, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can also freeze water bottles to avoid wasted space.

Salt water still expands when freezing. He made bombs that can go off in your freezer by capping while melted.

Fill them almost full and freeze in the upright position. Then cap them.

Easier to use plastic soda bottles, not thin water bottles. Fill with salt water, squeeze in and cap. Squeeze larger bottles more as the volume of expansion is greater with more water. A couple of these in the top of a stand up freezer are good insurance.

For a bait take where you just want it cooled some but not to much, fill bottle mostly with coarse saw dust first. The saw dust acts as an insulator slowing heat transfer. It won’t cool as much but last much longer.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 07-22-2023 at 07:36 AM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

He left some room for expansion. I made some of these about 4 years ago and they work great
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    He left some room for expansion. I made some of these about 4 years ago and they work great
    The water expands far more than the gas/air compresses. When frozen it will be a pressurized cylinder

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Speaking of cooler tricks, this application is genius!!

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 4.50.50 PM.jpg
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Now that’s fancy rednecking right there.

Yep you’re not saving any money doing that considering PVC pipe cost

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    The water expands far more than the gas/air compresses. When frozen it will be a pressurized cylinder
    Cool. I’ve had pressurized cylinders for about 4 years then
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Not all ice is equal....from the vending machines it's just under 32° . I buy several bags at a time, take them home , and put them in a chest freezer that keeps things about -5° F. I also fill 2 liter jugs, milk jugs filled to allow for expansion and can reuse them several times. Seasoning a cooler with the home filled jugs makes any ice last longer.

Buy the blue Chillin Brew and put 2 in a cooler. If you put refrig cold water in there it will have ice chips in the water bottle when you drink. Only thing I’ve seen that will make cold drinks colder than when you put them in. Not the same as Yeti ice. Those suck. These things will freeze together the ice you cover everything with when you stand them vertical in the cooler, place drinks between and cover with ice. Or you can be all McGyver with some shit that doesn’t work as well.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.