Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado

I was in Colorado Springs two weeks ago. It was my first trip and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed both MT and WY more than CO though but that was probably people related.

3FA23046-6CC0-48EA-8ED2-E313D9893DC3.jpg

9031DC87-D1F3-44BA-8CB3-406529B15FB6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    You are doing something right with the kid raising if you got to peppy from grumpy on a six mile hike with the promise of ice cream! Please tell me you ate that trout.
    The only reason I tossed it back was because we didn't have enough time for me to catch enough to be worth cooking. Weather changes rapidly in elevation and there were storm clouds coming while we had a 3.1 mile hike back down.

All those trout are native in this lake, no stocking. So I bet it would be tasty. And in the RMNP you're allowed a lot of trout to take home.

We kind of want to move there now. If I lived there, I'd hike up that mountain before sunrise, take food, and fish until I had my limit. Just gotta watch out that a bear doesn't snag my lunch while I'm not looking.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I was in Colorado Springs two weeks ago. It was my first trip and it did not disappoint. I enjoyed both MT and WY more than CO though but that was probably people related.

Is this photo Pikes Peak? We could see it from our first AirBnB in Woodland Park and my brother in law was telling me about the railroad track up there. That's a great picture!

Looks like a great trip, Jimmy! I'd move out there in a second, but my wife hates cold weather.

Funny story...way back when I was 18 or 19, My grandfather-in-law, father-in-law and I drove out to Colorado Springs from GA to trout fish for a week. We fished a place called 11 Mile Canyon. The game warden told us that we were the only group, that he knew of, to limit out all 4 days of our trip. We did it by taking 400 crickets with us. Most of the folks we talked to didn't even know what crickets were, but those trout LOVED them. The crickets would all be laying in the bottom of the cricket box every morning like they were dead, and after a little sunshine, they'd come back to life. Tiny hook with a cricket on it under a clear cork was deadly. It was a great trip.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    Is this photo Pikes Peak? We could see it from our first AirBnB in Woodland Park and my brother in law was telling me about the railroad track up there. That's a great picture!
    thats pikes peak

I love that area.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post

3FA23046-6CC0-48EA-8ED2-E313D9893DC3.jpg

Broadmoor is SICK!

That one trout woulda been worth splitting between 4 people!
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyD714 View Post
    As others have stated…yes it’s pikes peak and it’s way up there buddy. Cold and no oxygen. I got light headed up there.