I've been quite envious of some of you whom have been off the grid for some time. I generally do not have time to do such, but I've always had cattle operations, mediocre gardens, but lots of space, and took the time a while back to plan for the worst in terms of storage of meats, and ability to clean meats and ways to cure/store.

Anyway.

All the crap went down with the idiots, but I had already started the ball rolling 2 weeks ago, and couldnt stop it. I wanted to see what type of steaks I would get out of one of my cows. I didnt lock it up, didnt grain feed it, so it is technically grass fed.....

I worked a deal out with a fellow and rather than me slaughter he did and we divide it up.. I was more than impressed. And the chickens. Oh my gosh how do they pass such things through there.......

I haven't tried any meat yet, but just off feel it feels great to the touch! I am a wonderful cook if I do say so my self. I will see. Cut and vacuum packed already! Super excited to try these out!

IMG_4645.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

Trimmings for Collards, or spaghetti.

IMG_4643.jpg
Look at this monster! How does this fit out a chicken butt???? I'm learning on the chickens. Beef I know. Been reluctant to kill my own, but what the heck do I have them for at this point. I want to be sure I have an outlet for my family and friends to eat. So we are taking some trial runs on big ticket items.

I got the fish....lol.

All seriousness I was rather impressed. Pretty decent for a small steer, under 1k.