Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Advice

Thanks for all the help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Luminox, Rolex, and a Tag. I prefer the Tag.

My Omega automatic is probably the worst money I’ve ever spent, and I’ve bought some really stupid stuff. Terrible product and customer service is non-existent.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys not like the smart watches? Apple, etc.

like the garmin instinct a lot better than apple watch. holds up better and don't have to charge everyday
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I’ve heard the Gamrin Instinct is the way to go in smart watches for durability and in my opinion looks.

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    I have the Apple ultra and do like it but my I wear a tag formula one every day normally. The ultra is great for outdoor stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TrooperMan View Post
    I’ve heard the Gamrin Instinct is the way to go in smart watches for durability and in my opinion looks.

If I can’t break it you know it’s tough
    536A91DF-62A9-474F-A3F4-8AE275E1DF08.jpg
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by FOWL MOUTH View Post
    Nope. Never seen the need for one. I’m not that needy that I need to measure my sleep and all. My phone does what it needs to do. There’s nothing worse than talking to someone who constantly looks down at their wrist and slaps it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Nope. There’s nothing worse than talking to someone who constantly looks down at their wrist and slaps it.
    This is exactly it. My wife drives me up the wall with hers and then when she tries to talk to somebody on it I want to chunk it across the room

Currently have a Suunto that I’ve had for 10 years and it’s taken a beating. Definitely don’t want a smart watch because my phone is normally always with me for work anyway. I appreciate all of y’all’s input. Definitely wasn’t familiar with the ball watches and some others. Thanks!

I was hoping this was some type of 4th of July license check warning.

Deep Blue makes a pretty nice dive watch that looks more expensive than it is. If you want something a little nicer, check out Tudor……Black Bay, Pelagos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CofC Waterfowler View Post
    I was hoping this was some type of 4th of July license check warning.
    I am pretty sure there will be some of those! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Nope. Never seen the need for one. I’m not that needy that I need to measure my sleep and all. My phone does what it needs to do. There’s nothing worse than talking to someone who constantly looks down at their wrist and slaps it.
    One of the reasons I like the instinct is it’s about the dumbest of the smart watches.

It can notify you if getting a call but you can’t
    talk to the watch. Same with a text, it does have some generic response options but you can’t type out a text

I have both of those features turned off on mine,
    I do have it set to view moon phase, compass, barometric pressure, I can drop a pin to a spot with the gps, and I can also sync my handheld garmin to it if I want to. I tend to utilize ore if the outdoorsman features that it offers
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I have been very happy with the instinct also. I don’t know how half of the features work, but I do like that I never have to turn on my phone ringer anymore because it vibrates when I get a call or text. And I can see who it is and ignore it most of the time without touching my phone. It also syncs with the garmin collar system so you can just glance at your wrist to see where you have a dog on point instead of having to grab the controller. I’m on year three with mine and probably charge every two weeks or so. The only feature it is missing is a tide widget. I think some of the fancier models have it.

Take a look at a Vaer Watch, I have a field watch and love the thing.
    https://www.vaerwatches.com
    “You must teach your children that the ground beneath their feet is the ashes of your grandfathers. So that they will respect the land, tell your children that the earth is rich with the lives of our kin. Teach your children what we have taught our children, that the earth is our mother. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. If men spit upon the ground, they spit upon themselves.”

~Chief Seattle ~

I didnt realize people still wore watches. I rarely see anyone with one on. I have a Citizen at home in the drawer. Nice watch.

Luminox watches suck. I've had 2 and really wanted to like them, but neither of them kept time worth a shit and unless they have more service centers now, forget about getting it fixed....

I've had 2 Suuntos, a Core and a Traverse. I really like them both, still wear the Traverse daily.

Also have a Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive that I really like. Highly recommend it if you just want a no frills watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    If I can’t break it you know it’s tough
    536A91DF-62A9-474F-A3F4-8AE275E1DF08.jpg
    Is that one of those that tracks your sleep too? I know a couple of guys that have some kinda watch they wear when they're sleeping and it gives them a "sleep score". I can't imagine wearing a watch while I'm sleeping, but it doesn't seem to bother them. I've quit turning my back on them as I'm sure they're probably serial killers......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.