Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat Yard

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    That boat is a piece of shit. Egg Harbor has never made a good looking boat.
    Egg Harbor? It's a Carolina boat built by Paul Westig at Cape Fear Yachts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Every egg harbor boat I’ve ever seen was built in egg harbor, mays landing, new jersey

Also, that boat looks like shit. The shear is all fucked up. It’s a poorly executed knock off of a NC boat.

The shear is one of the most important aesthetic elements of a sportfish. Same thing with the vents. If you can’t get the shear right, you’re better off not building boats. If you can’t get the vent right, it’s best to aspirate under the gunnels. Buddy Canady’s shears and vents were perfect.

This is a nice little boat. 40' Topaz with QSM-11s at 660hp. Not sure about that deck material.

2798994_3003922d_1.jpg
    2798994_b7a97cfe_8.jpg
    2798994_d5444782_6.jpg
    2798994_e56d754b_12.jpg
    2798994_e855f252_33.jpg
    2798994_08681d93_22.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about that wrap. They've got their jellyfish theme all over place.

Any opinions on wraps? Will they last? How do you take care of them?

Garishly gay.
    DILLIGAF

Unless you're a prostaffer, I dont see the purpose of a wrap. It would seem a wrap came with a pair of cut off jeans and gold rope chain.

That deck material looks like it's 80's glitter boat deck carpet.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I don't know about the wrap but I like that package on the Topaz. It don't take a bigger boat to catch fish.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Despise the wrap and flooring but can certainly get on board with some cool blow on the helm....

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    certainly get on board with some cool blow on the helm....
    I noticed that.

I'd hate to have to try and negotiate with the person who chose that gaudy wrap and glitter boat carpet though. I'd have to factor into the price getting that shit stripped off and new flooring. I'd imagine a wrap was chosen to hide some defects and it was cheaper. I cant imagine anyone wanting to do it to a boat for aesthetics beyond putting your business on it and writing off the boat.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Saw that one online. Seemed to be well taken care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Wanna see some garish wrapped boats?? Float down the terminus of the MS River below Venice, LA.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I noticed that.

I'd hate to have to try and negotiate with the person who chose that gaudy wrap and glitter boat carpet though. I'd have to factor into the price getting that shit stripped off and new flooring. I'd imagine a wrap was chosen to hide some defects and it was cheaper. I cant imagine anyone wanting to do it to a boat for aesthetics beyond putting your business on it and writing off the boat.
    The owner has done up and bought himself a 61’ Davis fixer upper. He is a highly motivated seller.