Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 big rock

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    not what you know but who you know
    Who you know may have something to do with getting your foot in the door, but cream rises to the top. If you are with a program worth a damn, you aren't going to be there long if you are not hard working and willing to adapt to the owner's needs.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    not what you know but who you know
    Not really true…a few of the top boats, to include the top boat, in the SC Govs Cup are run by guys who have worked their way up from the bottom and have put in the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    They've got a good fish supposedly. I would really like to see those boys win it.
    How do you know this ?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

When did this whole "program" thing come about? What happened to just fishing- now its all about what program you are part of pr who you know on said program.

Quote Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
    When did this whole "program" thing come about? What happened to just fishing- now its all about what program you are part of pr who you know on said program.
    There are owners that fish 6 times a year and then there are owners who are truly committed to fishing. The ones truly committed to fishing have what is known as "programs".
    DILLIGAF

I think when you consider the size and price of some of these boats and then add in a crew/team plus a captain. It becomes more than just fishing. Being a Capt of a multi million dollar boat is about like being the manager of a thousand acre plus plantation. And I speak from experience when I say managing a thousand acre plus plantation ain’t just farming!

Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

The last program I was involved with spent close to $50,000/ mo. That was almost 10 years ago up until 2021. Youre talking about dockage, fuel, parts, salarys, tackle, bait, etc. Not to mention travel expenses, condo rentals, plane tickets, and all of the scheduling that goes along with it.

The 50k does not include tournament entry. To go across the board at the White Marlin Open, youre at over 100k.

Program, or operation is the word to describe this.

i'll stick to cane poles and crickets but some rich f&@^er needs to bring me some damn dolphin.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Sea Wolf is hooked up!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Sea Wolf is hooked up!
    Donnie White is a character, ain’t but one!

Sea Wolf is bringing theirs to the scales.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Program takes the team to DR, Costa Rica, Mag Bay, etc etc.

Fishing is fun either way but there are some teams who are there expecting to win, others are just hoping to win.

That's what makes it fun is that you never know who will make it happen. It only takes the right bite to make it happen.

Predator.......459lbs

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Anyone know why they dont link the bio's on the boats on the "who's fishing" page anymore?
    Last edited by BigBrother; 06-14-2023 at 03:49 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Anyone know why they dont link the bio's on the boats on the "who's fishing" page anymore?
    I noticed that earlier too. Last 2 days I'm pretty sure it worked. Or at least from the Hook-Up page it did.

EDIT: You have to go to the Big Rock tab at the top. Who's Fishing and Lay Days tab links to the bios.
    Last edited by Goin Coastal; 06-14-2023 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    crickets
    one split shot
    4lb test
    cane pole
    no bobber. bobbers are for beginners
    What size split shot? Gotta get the right rate of fall

Wonder why Sea Wolfs fish hasn't been announced?

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

The app says 408.1 for Sea Wolf
    More Ducks, Less People

It was live. Cap was about to bounce off the dock that they didn't get into the top 3 money. He would not be interviewed. Owner (from Columbia) was as happy as if he had won the whole thing. Guess who made the call to kill it?

After reading this thread, it’s only fitting that this fishing derby is done during pride month. Gosh knows the gayness, name dropping, and lingo that’s going on