Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Rams

Default 5th Gen Rams

101k miles. Pushing coolant out the coolant reservoir. Confirmed exhaust in the cooling system. If the truck was deleted, I’d bet the house on the head lifting due to boost. However bone stock. EGR cooler stopped slam up and heat building on the last two cyls due to the cab being over those etc.
    basically no coolant flow.

Head going to machine shop for insurance. Going to stud the head, put a high volume water pump on it, and figure out how to get rid of the EGR cooler (delete)

9k later he’ll be up and rolling coal.

Last edited by KRT; 06-07-2023 at 12:01 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Gotta love English bulldogs

KRT-

If the message is don't buy a new Ram diesel, what's your first choice in diesel trucks?
    At least I'm housebroken.

That 23 ho 250 ride drive and power is crazy
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

That 23 ho 250 ride drive and power is crazy
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I dont wanna start a new thread but just another shout out to KRT. He helped me, not only with wiper fluid, but also with getting the correct bulb number for a tail light.

I havent ordered the right light yet but at least I am more certain I got the right number.

Thanks again, KRT.
    You're the tits.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    KRT-

If the message is don't buy a new Ram diesel, what's your first choice in diesel trucks?
    Every time I see one of his posts it makes me want to buy a bicycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    KRT-

The one with a gas motor in it. I’m towing heavy with my F350 all the time now, keep thinking I may switch to a diesel then he pops one of these in here and that gas 7.3 shines.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Serious question here

KRT, when you do one of these cab off tear downs or any extensive repair, how the hell do you remember where every nut and bolt goes, how do you remember to plug this wire back here, or snap this part in there?

Do you make notes? Take a video? Does the repair manual break it down that in depth? I just have a hard time believing you or any mechanic can put all that in the memory bank and put every little piece back off of memory
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The one with a gas motor in it. I’m towing heavy with my F350 all the time now, keep thinking I may switch to a diesel then he pops one of these in here and that gas 7.3 shines.
    He didn’t build that second location working on gas motors.

But being cool ain’t for the poor and cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    He didn’t build that second location working on gas motors.

But being cool ain’t for the poor and cautious.
    That second location came from squats, and now it's really gonna pay for itself raising those things back up.

If KRT had to make a living working on Cummins he would be living in a refrigerator box.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Gotta love English bulldogs
    Hahaha my man.
    More fuel = more boost!!

If I purchased a “new” diesel. I would get the new Ram. Overall the Cummins has been the most reliable and the only one still running a six speed trans and a CP3 pump. The emission shit is what causes the most issues with any of them.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Eyes bulging at the thought of having to remove the entire body to access the motor and transmission.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Serious question here

KRT, when you do one of these cab off tear downs or any extensive repair, how the hell do you remember where every nut and bolt goes, how do you remember to plug this wire back here, or snap this part in there?

Do you make notes? Take a video? Does the repair manual break it down that in depth? I just have a hard time believing you or any mechanic can put all that in the memory bank and put every little piece back off of memory
    Most technicians have a drawer in their box or a bucket near their box full of bolts, screws, and nuts … lol.

In all seriousness it’s not as bad as it looks, especially if you’re experienced. My one guy can have a cab off a F250 in 30 mins. He loves Fords….. to work on.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Serious question here

These boys live this job and do it daily, its like second nature to the ones that are for real.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You pulling anything on the interstate? If I thought I could see 80 pulling my stuff with a gasser Id sell my diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    You pulling anything on the interstate? If I thought I could see 80 pulling my stuff with a gasser Id sell my diesels.
    I drag upwards of 15k worth of boat down the interstate all the time at 75....it would hold 80 if I wanted to.

ETA: Year old 7.3 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4, 4.30 gear
    Last edited by FishSticker; 06-07-2023 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    I pull a 23' Grady White walk around with twins up and down the mountain with a gas F350 (older one, 2011) with no trailer brakes. No clue what it weighs but it's not light. I can feel it strain a little when rolling up the steep grades (coming into Boone, tractor trailers roll slow up it as well), but it's easy towing other than that.

I won't be buying another diesel, and the main reason is due to KRT's posts like this.