Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5th Gen Rams

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    You pulling anything on the interstate? If I thought I could see 80 pulling my stuff with a gasser Id sell my diesels.
    I haven't driven that 7.3 gasser yet but that will probably be our next work truck.

But the 6.4 hemi is no slouch. I had a first gen in a 2500 with the 6sp transmission when I lived in NM. My only complaint then was the gearing was crap for a gas motor and it needed a couple more. We have a 2022 with the 8sp and other than it being a thirsty hooker, I really like it. A lot.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The one with a gas motor in it. I’m towing heavy with my F350 all the time now, keep thinking I may switch to a diesel then he pops one of these in here and that gas 7.3 shines.
    10.4..zacklee what I was thinkin
    At least I'm housebroken.

I know no one buys a truck that size for the fuel economy but damn some of the MPGs on the gassers look terrible.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

so what are the thoughts on the new 6.8 gas coming out as Ford's new standard Super Duty engine?

I have a 6.2 in mine and it pulls fine, just dont get in a hurry.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Haven't y'all heard.. we're going all electric.

You pulling anything on the interstate? If I thought I could see 80 pulling my stuff with a gasser Id sell my diesels.
    I don’t have interstates, just 17 and 521. Pull my Kubota 75 with attachments and the KX 040 for equipment and occassionally my Southport 28TE. No idea about 80 but it doesn’t break a sweat at 70. 2000-2100 RPM’s loaded out. I’ve had a dump trailer loaded with asphalt milling, 40# of air in the bags and still had some squat. I knew it was back there but the engine wasn’t straining. The only thing I miss about a diesel is the exhaust brake, it’s better than the downshift on the transmission, I just add some gain in the trailer brakes though.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a 2017 with the 6.2 gas, I pull with it every week . Does everything I could ask of it. 240,000 miles and still going strong. Couple of coil packs and a water pump is all I have done to it. I have had the 7.3 power, 6.0 and 6.4 I will never ever own another diesel ever. When you have to write a 10k repair check it makes you revaluate if you actually need to go 80 mph up mount MFer pulling 10k. I don't

I do. Im doing work shit, not pulling the boat or doing hunt club weekend. I like to blow by people with black smoke, lead and asbestos in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    so what are the thoughts on the new 6.8 gas coming out as Ford's new standard Super Duty engine?

I have a 6.2 in mine and it pulls fine, just dont get in a hurry.
    It’s a destroked 7.3L. If it’s anything like the Godzilla, it’ll be a winner.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I do. Im doing work shit, not pulling the boat or doing hunt club weekend. I like to blow by people with black smoke, lead and asbestos in the wind.
    That's not asbestos. It's burnt dollar bills

Thought Mark was a Chevy guy?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Mark loves chevys and Tim smith hates dodges

Kevin are you seeing any issues with the 4th gen ('18) Rams. I'm just over 90k so almost out of warranty and ready to delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    There went your fishing invite.

Diesel, as a fuel, still has what, 30% more energy than gas? Hence the superior efficiency of diesel engines.

All them gas engines got issues too. Oh, and screw a Chevy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 06-11-2023 at 09:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GjxDnae6khWptCLB6

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk