Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota Quick Release Bracket install in an impossible to reach location

Default Minn Kota Quick Release Bracket install in an impossible to reach location

I've got ape arms and they wont put my hands where I need them to hold the nuts for the bracket.

I dont want to cut an access hole.

I cant find any stainless toggle bolts online anywhere except concrete anchors.

What other options do I have?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Find someone with small arms/hands

GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Motor guide makes a rubber blind mount that work pretty good on fiber glass boats. Me, I tore up my arms and ham sized hand doing the same thing you are.. Good luck

West Marine SST Togglers

Text incoming

Rivnuts, I've got some but have my doubts of them holding a 60" 24 volt trolling motor.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Those rubber things are a recipe for disaster. I used them on my 1503 HT and had three completely fail and one partially enough to be able to save my TM from going in the drink at the jetties.

I attached a piece of tape sticky side up to the end of a paint stirring stick and held the nut close to the hole and did it by feel with some help. It’s certainly a tedious way to do it but it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Those rubber things are a recipe for disaster. I used them on my 1503 HT and had three completely fail and one partially enough to be able to save my TM from going in the drink at the jetties.
    I never had a problem with them on the bass boat. I used 6 of them and they do rot out so you have to keep them checked. The will not work on aluminum or on the thin deck area of fiberglass boat. New TM i installed i used SS bolts, fender washers, and SS nylock nuts.
    Last edited by centurian; 06-05-2023 at 03:07 PM.

Toggles are your friend(s).

Rivnuts, I've got some but have my doubts of them holding a 60" 24 volt trolling motor.
    They hold one on my Triton, so far.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    Toggles are your friend(s).
    Fishsticker sent me the link. I was looking for them on Amazon. Forgot to check worstmarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    They hold one on my Triton, so far.
    I'd trust them on aluminum. Dont trust them on fiberglass.

How far out of reach?

Is there any hardware (cleat, speaker, nav light,etc) close by you can remove for access?

Really want it through bolted if any way possible.
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 06-05-2023 at 03:30 PM.

Accessing through the anchor locker hatch in a 19' Sea Pro Bay Boat. My arms are about 10" too short.

I do have a hole for a removeable bow light but it's 2 1/2" in diameter. I thought about it but foresee a full day of cussing, and bleeding, culminating in dousing the entire thing with boat gas and striking a match if I tried to get something through that to through bolt.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 06-05-2023 at 03:38 PM.

Give Stretch Armstrong a holler!
    DILLIGAF

Might want to try this with a long extension handle.
    GREAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.
    AVERAGE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THINGS.
    SORRY PEOPLE TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE.

SRS GRHRCH UH BOBO MNH
    2009 MID ATLANTIC RETRIEVER CHAMPION
    2009 HUNTSVILLE SRS CHAMPION

HRCH UH WOODY

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Give Stretch Armstrong a holler!
    his ninja self could probably sleep where big brother is trying to put his arms
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I'd trust them on aluminum. Dont trust them on fiberglass.
    Forgot your boat was fiberglass. Yeah, I wouldn't trust them on that either. Those WestToggles would be the ticket. I had to mount mine to an aluminum plate with sex bolts, was some fabrication involved in that.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I do have a hole for a removeable bow light but it's 2 1/2" in diameter. I thought about it but foresee a full day of cussing, and bleeding, culminating in dousing the entire thing with boat gas and striking a match if I tried to get something through that to through bolt.
    A kid is the solution

I had to replace a ladder/platform on a sea pro with no access to the interior. I used the mig welder and just tacked the mig wire to the very end of the SS bolts (longer than necessary), shot out a few extra feet of wire, and then fished it from an access hole about three feet from there. I used stainless fender washers inside and put SS nylock nuts outside and used pliers to hold the excess bolt, then cut off the bolts after I tightened the nuts. Worked like a champ. Without looking at the minn kota bracket, I’m not sure if it would work but if you can get a nut to work on the top of the bracket it should.