Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One of those days

Default One of those days

Bought at kioti rx7320. Picked it up yesterday and took the boys down to the club in Chester today to test it out on a few fields and put out some minerals and cameras.

30 mins from the house had a blowout on the trailer. Nothing I ain’t used to. Limped her into a tire shop and within 45 minutes we were on the road.

Bush hogged about 3 acres and all went well. Turned it off to go dump some salt into a mineral station I got on the edge of this field. Heard a hissing sound coming from the tractor. Walked over to find a shed antler stabbed into one of the front tires in two different spots. I mean the sticker is still on this tire it’s so new. We are in the middle of nowhere, no signal, no tools, 6 and 8 year old, hottest day of the year so far and we’ve got like 6 bottles of water in the cooler. Supposed to be a quick easy test trip right. Limped her a mike back to the trailer and as I’m going up the ramp the tire comes unbeaded off the rim. I’m this point I’m like eff it, it’s on the trialer let’s head to the house before things get worse.

Get back to the house, put about 5 plugs in between the two antler holes in the tire, jack the front end up and she ain’t wanting to re-seat. I’m telling my boys to hold my beer and watch this. So I try the old ratchet strap around the tire trip. Damn if it doesn’t work. Tire pops back on, nearly got knocked out by the ratchet strap I had to beat it off with a claw hammer it was so tight.

At this point all is right with the world. Unload the tractor, rinse it off and pull her in the garage. As I’m shutting the garage door ready to go in the house and lick my wounds, my 8 year old is like “dad this tire is hissing again”. I told him it was likely one of the plugs and that we’d just redo them again tomorrow. He like “nah this hissing is coming from this tiny little slit on the side of the tire”. Sure enough that little sucker found a tiny slit on the sidewall of the same tire.

Sometimes it be like that

IMG_6313.jpg
    IMG_6314.jpg
    IMG_6318.jpg
    IMG_6321.jpg
    IMG_6329.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Should have kept the kubota. Haha just kidding. Days like that are a test. Glad to hear y’all got home with it.

I ran over a shed spraying my plot . When I went to pull it out the tire started seeping. I cut the shed off with a grinder and pounded it in with a hammer. It holds air for now. I'll have to have it patched over the winter after plots are in and the hay is put up.

At least it was the same tire and at least it was a front tire. Those back ones are hiiiiiigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you got everyone home OK.

Are you to mount the shed in the garage?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Hard to hide money.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

I bought a Kioti Dk6010 last last year. Really like it so far. Sucks to run over an antler. Guess that gonna happen no matter what your driving. I think you will enjoy your tractor.

Used to keep a can of WD40 and a lighter in the trail box of my crawler yrars ago for just that exact reason...

Long Day and a really nice tractor.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Tell your story to DNR and see if they'll issue a couple extra buck tags.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Used to keep a can of WD40 and a lighter in the trail box of my crawler yrars ago for just that exact reason...
    Guy from Alabama that used to run in our group pulled that trick in Tellico one day. I had not seen it done before and I'm pretty sure he had never done it. After a couple of tries, some heckling and laughs, it worked.

At least you can put a tube in it
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Roofing business is good…
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Part of it. If you aren't breaking stuff in that game, you aren't using it. Nice rig!

Quote Originally Posted by dmatheny21 View Post
    Roofing business is good…
    It is.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

So that's how the other half lives. Nice rig VG.

Nice rig!
    Rich people problems

Dang. Your luck sounds about like mine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Take it in stride. Aggravating stuff happens to all of us!

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Hard to hide money.
    You’re not suppose to hide it.
    More fuel = more boost!!