Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruise ship out of Charleston in trouble

Carnival coats are docked pay if they arrive late to port….enough said.

Had a redneck family member on board…said the ship hitting the waves was making some very eerie sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Anyone who goes on a cruise deserves whatever hell befalls them
    FIFY

When it comes to cruises “Everybody gotta like something”. Would you prefer these people vacation where y’all do? I don’t and am glad carnival provides them Mile long all you can eat buffets to keep them out of my way. I hope they continue to cruise after this ordeal.
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 05-30-2023 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    When it comes to cruises “Everybody gotta like something”. Would you prefer these people vacation where y’all do? I don’t and am glad carnival provides them Mile long all you can eat buffets to keep them out of my way. I hope they continue to cruise after this ordeal.
    You're assuming the type of people that go on Carnival, or cruises in general, would go to the places I like to go. I can pretty safely say that it isn't the case.

I hope everyone was OK. We went spring break and ours got a little sporty between Key West and Havana with 50kt winds and sloppy seas. Wife got a little green the second morning.

I bashed cruises for the first 55 years of my life. This year I gave my kids a vote on where we went for spring break. They both voted cruise.

We went Carnival because we got the most bang for the buck on short notice. I was a bit unimpressed with the boat and the food but we treated it as a floating hotel/transportation. The best food by far was the formal dining. The buffets were Golden Corral on the ocean. BUT, my kids got to experience 3 countries (Honduras, Belize and Mexico) in one week and learn about history, nature and ancient civilizations. I would not have been able to offer that in 1 week any other way.

We normally camp, so my wife loved it, as there was no cooking, cleaning, planning, etc. Just get up in the morning and have a spiked coffee and go on the way.

We will probably do it again next year unless my oldest comes up with a better idea as he will be a senior.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Cruising is just like anything else in the sense that there are options for people who can't afford an expensive vacation. Carnival offers that in this way with the port in Charleston. That particular ship is one of their smallest and cheapest to cruise on. So of course you're going to see more people on it that some of you don't want vacationing near you. Me and my wife went last year out of Port Canaveral on one of their latest and newest ships. It was also one of their largest and we had an awesome time. Like Jozie stated, we were able to visit 3 different countries that we had never seen before. As a whole it's nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.
    Last edited by BOOMSTICK069; 05-30-2023 at 11:22 AM.
    Reality is only an illusion
    that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by badfaulkner View Post

......Some of you guys are fastidious and choosy to the point of near faggotry.

You’ll never catch me on one. The same way I feel about golf. It’s not for me but I’m glad others enjoy it because it keeps them from being where I am.
    More Ducks, Less People

no one has yet to answer if they caught any Marlin while stuck out there?

LOL
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Anyone who goes on a Carnival cruise deserves whatever hell befalls them
    My wife will shop at Walmart from time to time.

She will come home with stories of something that happened there...because something always happens there.

I tell her that when you put yourself in places where crazy happens, dont complain about the crazy that happens.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton