Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brand New Craftsman Mower Will Not Start

Fuckin Jimmy Buffett.

Return it. Buy a Honda.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I don’t think they even test run them anymore. Could be a safety switch, linkage, bad ignition, bad wire. F that. Take it back.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I had a Deere riding mower that had a kill switch built into the seat. It had two wires that got shunted when the plug was removed to prevent users from over-riding it by simply unplugging the switch. I had to make a little plastic piece to fake the terminal blades being in place.

Do you have a multimeter to see if the wires are open or closed when the switch is actuated? If not, go buy one. Everyone should have a volt, amp, ohm meter. They're cheap and will save a lot of time and money.

I understand the reluctance to swapping it out with a new mower. That means packing the bad one up, a trip to the store and maybe reassembly of the new one and still no guarantee it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Return it. Buy a Honda.
    This.

is she hot?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Take it back assembled of course, and tell them to sell you the assembled display model and mkae them start it before you leave.

If you have to show your ass a little, do what you gotta do
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post
    Take it back assembled of course, and tell them to sell you the assembled display model and mkae them start it before you leave.

You must not be fully awake, he bought it from Lowes.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Fuckin Jimmy Buffett.
    Truthfully, Jimmy had very little to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post

Do you have a multimeter to see if the wires are open or closed when the switch is actuated? If not, go buy one. Everyone should have a volt, amp, ohm meter. They're cheap and will save a lot of time and money.

I understand the reluctance to swapping it out with a new mower. That means packing the bad one up, a trip to the store and maybe reassembly of the new one and still no guarantee it will work.
    I do and I agree. Probably where this is headed, unfortunately it was the only one they had in stock with an electric start.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    is she hot?
    I only see inner beauty, but others who are for more shallow than I, tell me she is quite attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post

This was the only one they had in stock with an electric start. Putting it together is one thing, coming over to crank it or cut the grass is a whole other.

Thanks for the suggestions, most were actually useful. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero