Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford moving to set pricing

How do travel agents get paid? Is it through fees when you buy, or are they compensated by the airlines?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

On line when something goes wrong who you gonna call

Screw a dealership. MSRP on a Super Duty is 7% over invoice, dealerships were making 10-15% on the invoice depending on their standing with Ford not to mention all of the incentives and holdbacks they got. Now they are adding the ADM to prices in nothing more than greed. When I bought my F350 in October of 2020 it was $25K less than what they want for a truck with less options on it 3 years later. The local Ford dealer had a 2023 F250 Lariat on the lot with the HO Powerstroke, black appearance package and Lariat Ultimate package, $106K with the $10K ADM on it, some idiot bought it.

My boys are all growing like weeds, my '13 Land Cruiser was getting some miles on it, didn't get great mileage and hitting that point where nickel and diming me. I went to buy a nice Expedition Max Platinum, bought a Mercedes Benz GLS 450 for less than a dang Ford, less than a Sequoia, 1/2 of what the Lexus LX 600 is selling for and also less than the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Screw a dealership. MSRP on a Super Duty is 7% over invoice, dealerships were making 10-15% on the invoice depending on their standing with Ford not to mention all of the incentives and holdbacks they got. Now they are adding the ADM to prices in nothing more than greed. When I bought my F350 in October of 2020 it was $25K less than what they want for a truck with less options on it 3 years later. The local Ford dealer had a 2023 F250 Lariat on the lot with the HO Powerstroke, black appearance package and Lariat Ultimate package, $106K with the $10K ADM on it, some idiot bought it.

My boys are all growing like weeds, my '13 Land Cruiser was getting some miles on it, didn't get great mileage and hitting that point where nickel and diming me. I went to buy a nice Expedition Max Platinum, bought a Mercedes Benz GLS 450 for less than a dang Ford, less than a Sequoia, 1/2 of what the Lexus LX 600 is selling for and also less than the Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban.

When the kid that screws up your drive through order is making $15/per hour, imagine what that union worker is making to screw up your transmission!

costs roll downhill.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    The last 3 trucks we bought were bought off the internet by text messaging with dealers. Maybe 3 total phone conversations. All three delivered to my house within 3 days. Way better than wasting time at a dealership with them trying to throw in all sorts of garbage for inflated prices.
    But did you get the free tank of gas with your new vehicle?

Dealership take a lot of money out of the equation without adding an proportionate amount of value.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Do you get the kick back money the dealer gets when you buy on line