Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford moving to set pricing

Default Ford moving to set pricing

Ford CEO: We’ll Move to Fixed Prices

BySean Tucker
    05/23/2023

Ford plans to move to non-negotiated prices for all its vehicles, CEO Jim Farley told investors yesterday. Farley did not place a time frame on the decision.

The announcement came as part of Capital Markets Day — the first in-person conference for investors Ford has held since 2016.

Move May Apply to All Vehicles or Just EVs
    Reports differ on exactly what Farley said. The Associated Press reports that the CEO “said Ford will go to non-negotiated vehicle prices.” But the Detroit Free Press says, “Non-negotiated prices will be part of improving the customer experience for electric vehicle [EV] shoppers,” suggesting that the policy may apply only to EVs.

Not The First Time Ford Has Suggested This
    It’s not the first time Farley has suggested the move. Last summer, he suggested that Ford move to a Tesla-like model of selling cars only online, for fixed prices, and using dealerships as local distribution and service centers.

Farley later told dealers he would not follow that plan after most dealers committed to selling EVs for no-haggle prices.

Competing in Fewer Spaces
    Farley also told investors Ford would pull back from some market segments where other automakers are doing well. The AP says Farley promised to “reduce investment in hypercompetitive market segments such as 2-row smaller SUVs.”

Ford currently sells two compact SUVs under the Ford name — the Escape and Bronco Sport — and the Lincoln Corsair compact luxury SUV. Farley didn’t announce that any of the models would disappear, but the announcement calls their long-term futures into question. All three have had recent updates that should make canceling them unlikely for several years.

Instead, the company seeks to sell more of its “iconic vehicles,” such as large pickups and the Mustang muscle car.

Ford has increasingly concentrated on selling just a few products and building many special editions of those. The company stopped making sedans entirely in 2019.

https://www.kbb.com/car-news/ford-ce...KU%20%3Cbr/%3E

https://jalopnik.com/ford-ceo-wants-...-as-1849007700

Not just that they are gearing up to go away with dealerships. You will order and they will deliver in 3 weeks. People care less and less every year about test driving according to the article. I did not realize internet buys make up 1/3 of the industry.
    Last edited by Clippedtoe; 05-28-2023 at 07:53 AM.

Dealers don’t have shit on their lots. So you have to order through the dealer. Why do we need the dealer. Independent shops can do the warranty item as well as the Ford dealers. I find the dealers more and more useless as this artificial shortage goes on.

Dealerships will become service centers/used car lots. Car companies probably had the idea before, but COVID showed them it was actually a viable business plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

The last 3 trucks we bought were bought off the internet by text messaging with dealers. Maybe 3 total phone conversations. All three delivered to my house within 3 days. Way better than wasting time at a dealership with them trying to throw in all sorts of garbage for inflated prices.

Carmax, Carvana, and Vroom have been doing the on line thing for years now with success even before covid.

Those are used car lots as well. Dealerships selling new cars of that line will become the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by centurian View Post
    Dealers don’t have shit on their lots. So you have to order through the dealer. Why do we need the dealer. Independent shops can do the warranty item as well as the Ford dealers. I find the dealers more and more useless as this artificial shortage goes on.
    Tell me more. Are there hoops you have to jump through to get an independent shop to do your warranty work? I thought you had to do it at the dealership.
    Carolina Counsel

Car Dealers, Real Estate Agents, or pretty much any middleman that orchestrates the relationship between a buyer and seller are useless as of late and will be phased out accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieMcDoobie View Post
    Car Dealers, Real Estate Agents, or pretty much any middleman that orchestrates the relationship between a buyer and seller are useless as of late and will be phased out accordingly.
    I agree even the used car lots are fading fast. Carvana, carmax, and new car dealers have put a hurting on the independent lots up our way, very few left. Buy Here Pay Here may survive for those will poor credit and not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Tell me more. Are there hoops you have to jump through to get an independent shop to do your warranty work? I thought you had to do it at the dealership.
    Currently you do but if they cut the dealers out of the sale they can also just as easily cut them out of the warranty work. Dealers cant make it on warranty work and service work as currently organized as they have to much overhead.

I don't get how people are affording new vehicles to support all of these places
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    I don't get how people are affording new vehicles to support all of these places
    Preach. The way I'm seeing folks spend money without care at the level prices are not just for vehicles but everything has me questioning where I sit on the poverty scale because there is no way we could swing spending money the way I see other folks spending it. I didn't think I was poor but I'm pretty sure I'm poor.

you people are weird as fuck
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Your language and attitude is offensive

i'm still right.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I just bought two 2019 vehicles coming off lease. The blue book valve close to what i paid for them
    Last edited by centurian; 05-30-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobieMcDoobie View Post
    There will be some industries where this rings true, but not all will be phased out. You'd probably be surprised how many arenas of business require broker/middleman/distributor to be efficient.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    There will be some industries where this rings true, but not all will be phased out. You'd probably be surprised how many arenas of business require broker/middleman/distributor to be efficient.
    There are still travel agents out there, just not as many, and its not as lucrative.

These industries will follow suit.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud