Thread: School Bus Crash

Default School Bus Crash

https://www.live5news.com/2023/05/26...-tanker-crash/

Wow. Hope everyone comes out of it alright.

Was that a honey wagon?

Bus just straight up pulled out in front of that tanker. Lordy they are lucky.

17 kids 1 adult injured
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Damn lucky no one was killed.

With two youngins that's tough to watch. Have to look both ways.

Dang, terrible thing to see. Hope everyone is going to be okay.

It brings back memories of one of the worse things I ever had to deal with.
    In 1986, myself and three other guys were working in Charlotte and heading back to Columbia where we all lived. We were Southbound on I77 a few miles below Rock Hill when we pulled up on an accident that had just occurred. We were probably the 9th or 10th vehicle that pulled over.
    In front of us was a Southbound charter bus that run off the right side of the road and in the attempt to regain the road, they hit a guard rail over a large ravine/culvert. It caused the bus to roll down the length of the guard rail and opened up the top of the bus like a can of sardines and landed upright on its wheels.
    We jumped out and ran forward to find out it was a bus full of kids leaving Carowinds. Kids were strewn all over the place in the ravine, the roadway and the median of the highway. As I went past people rendering aid, the first unattended kid I came to was a chubby little dude in the emergency lane with a compound fracture of the leg and serious road rash on his arms and head. The look he gave me as I approached him is seared in my memory. I helped him the best I could as more people showed up to assist the other kids.
    It was a pretty ugly thing to experience, and the memories to this day are still pretty vivid. One of the biggest things I remember was the silence. Most everyone from the injured to those trying to help were in such a shock. Or maybe it was just me in shock and tuned out to everything else that was happening.

Last thing I ever heard about the accident was no one was killed. Truly a miracle.

Injured isn't acceptable, sure hope lesson-learned, again, for all drivers.
    Those are our kids they have been entrusted to transport safely.

Have come across several 'privileged' CHS county school bus drivers.